Photo Caption: Do you love hiking and exploring Table Mountain? Did you know there is a locals annual Cable Car pass?
Follow @secretcapetown for more and tag us or use #secretcapetown to be featured.
Photo by @matthew_verwey
The price for the pass is going up on the 1st of October. Currently it costs R646 but it is going up to R750.
You can conveniently buy it online. Click here to buy yours now.
|Cable Card Adult Ticket||R646|
|Cable Card Child Ticket||R328|
|Cable Card Adult and Child Combo||R757|
1 October – 30 September 2019 Prices:
|Cable Card Adult Ticket||R750|
|Cable Card Child Ticket||R360|
|Cable Card Adult and Child Combo||R850|
Related: best Table Mountain Hiking Routes.
Table Mountain Cable Car Pass Important information
- The Cable Card is available for adults and children between 4 and 17
- There is a discounted adult and child combo package available. The combo card can only be purchased from the Visitor Centre.
- Purchase or renew your Cable Card online or at the Lower Cable Station, at the Visitor Centre, between 08:30 and 16:00, Monday to Sunday (including public holidays)
- Don’t forget to bring a valid South African ID (passport, birth certificate, ID book) or a valid passport for non-South Africans.
- SANParks Wild Card holders enjoy a 20% discount on Cable Cards (available from Visitor Centre only). One discount per Wild Card holder only.
- SANParks My Green Card holders enjoy a 20% discount on Cable Cards for adults only (available from Visitor Centre only). One discount per My Green Card holder only.
- Cable Cards are not transferable. A card found in the possession of someone who is not the rightful owner, will be confiscated and cancelled
- You may be asked to produce your card to verify your identity, via the photo on the card
- The card allows only one trip up and/or down on the Cableway per day
- The Cableway will be closed for annual maintenance from late July to early August. Click to check the Table Mountain Cable Car schedule.