Welcome to Cape Town, where Awe-inspiring natural beauty meets a rich cultural tapestry, and urban elegance is intertwined with Africa’s raw, untamed character. Cape Town is a kaleidoscope of experiences waiting to be discovered, nestled at the foot of the majestic Table Mountain and cradled by the turquoise waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Cape Town is a city that effortlessly blends urban flair with beautiful scenery and unique wildlife encounters, from its bustling neighborhoods adorned with colorful architecture and steeped in history to its world-class restaurants, galleries, and shops.
Here is a three day itinerary to inspire you to start planning your Cape Town and South African vacation. To to our travel experts to start planning your trip.
- Stay in the heart of the V&A Waterfront. We love the One & Only hotel nestled amongst the canals of the V&A Waterfront. The hotel is an urban oasis nestled in the heart of the city and offers unparalleled luxury and sophistication along with stunning views of Table Mountain and the vibrant V&A Waterfront.
- Start your day with breakfast at the chic and cozy Jason Bakery in Green Point, a short distance from the hotel, where you can enjoy freshly baked pastries, artisanal bread, and gourmet coffee.
- Once you have finished eating head to Table Mountain, Cape Town’s iconic landmark. Take the cable car to the summit, or if you’re feeling adventurous, hike up the Platteklip Gorge trail. Soak in the breathtaking views of the city and the ocean. If you want to take a guided Table Mountain hike learn more here.
- Visit the colorful Bo-Kaap neighborhood, famous for its brightly painted houses and rich cultural history. Take a stroll down the cobbled streets and visit the Bo-Kaap Museum.
- Grab a delicious lunch at the nearby Biesmiellah, serving traditional Cape Malay cuisine.
- Start your evening with a sunset cruise on the Atlantic Ocean, sipping on sundowners while enjoying the stunning Cape Town skyline.
- Finally explore the vibrant V&A Waterfront, a bustling hub for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Dine at Harbour House, offering exquisite seafood dishes with a beautiful view of the harbor.
- Enjoy breakfast at the unique and trendy Truth Coffee, known for its steampunk-inspired decor and excellent coffee.
- Take a guided tour of Robben Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and learn about the island’s history, including its time as a prison for political prisoners like Nelson Mandela.
- Upon returning to the mainland, indulge in a scrumptious lunch at the V&A Food Market, offering a variety of local and international cuisines.
- Spend your afternoon discovering the captivating exhibits at the Zeitz MOCAA, an art museum showcasing contemporary African art.
- Indulge in a sensory dining experience at FYN, a cutting-edge Cape Town restaurant where Japanese-inspired cuisine meets South African flavors, all set against a backdrop of sweeping city views and stylish, contemporary design.
- Today you are going to go explore Cape Town a little further afield.
- Savor breakfast at the charming and rustic Starlings Cafe, nestled in the leafy suburb of Claremont.
- Embark on a tour of the Cape Peninsula, starting with a scenic drive along the breathtaking Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- Continue your journey to Cape Point and visit the Cape of Good Hope, the most southwestern point of the African continent.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at the Two Oceans Restaurant, offering stunning views and a delicious fusion of South African and international dishes.
- Make your way back to Cape Town, stopping at Boulders Beach to visit the charming African penguin colony.
- For your final evening in Cape Town, dine at La Colombe, a sophisticated restaurant nestled in the Silvermist Wine Estate, offering a memorable culinary experience with a fusion of French and Asian flavors.
This three-day itinerary provides a diverse and immersive view of Cape Town’s rich history, natural beauty, and dynamic culture. If you want to customise your experience, adjust for your budget and add some of our unique Secret Cape Town flavour speak to one of our expert travel consultants and start planning your vacation today.