19 – 21 August 2022
It’s time to enjoy another incredible and exciting weekend in the beautiful and vibrant city of Cape Town.
From the young to the young at heart, there is something for everyone to enjoy this weekend in Cape Town. Filled with tons of fun fabulous moments, exciting events, bucket-list worthy experiences, thrilling adventures and so much more – It promises to be a Cape Town weekend to remember.
To ensure you have an unforgettable time, here are some of the top things to do in Cape Town this weekend.
Weekend Events & Experiences
#JO BLACK in Concert with PIET POMPIES
- When: Sunday, 21 August 2022
- Where: Hillcrest Quarry | Tygerberg Valley Road, Durbanville, Cape Town
- Time: Gates open at 12pm
- Tickets: R160 @ Quicket | Click here to get your ticket / tickets from Quicket
- Contact details: Hillcrest Quarry: 060 985 7790 | [email protected]
- Website: Hillcrest Quarry: www.thequarry.co.za
Afrikaans singer and songwriter as well as popular South African motivational speaker and media personality, the incredible Jo Black delivers inspirational songs in an accessible rock style. He made his major-label debut with the album ‘Skepe’ in 2016 and went on to crack the Top Ten Singles Chart in 2019 with “Voel Jy die Genade.”
Jo Black together with Pieter Rischmuller AKA Piet Pompies will be in concert at Hillcrest Quarry on Sunday 21st August 2022. This amazing concert and weekend event in Cape Town will take place on the stunning lawns of the beautiful Hillcrest Quarry. There are only a limited number of tickets available – so act FAST to avoid missing out!
To be fully prepared for all weather conditions and unexpected surprises – this is Cape Town after all, which means the weather can do a whole 180degree flip with no warning what so ever – the concert will be held under a MARQUEE to protect you from any harsh or unpleasant weather conditions.
To top it off, a variety of amazing Food Trucks and Full Bar facilities will be available at the venue for your pleasure and enjoyment.
**Important note: No outside Food or Beverages will be permitted.
#Muizenberg Beach Clean-Up with Vida e Caffè & Old Khaki
- Event by: vida e caffè
- When: Saturday, 20 August 2022
- Where: Muizenberg beach | Meet in front of the colourful huts opposite Vida e Caffè
- Time: Registration starts at 9am
As a brand that is making major strides in reducing its environmental footprint, in collaboration with Old khaki and their MADE BETTER journey, Vida e Caffè will be hosting another EPIC beach clean-up event with Clean C and this time they’re taking it back to the cool and vibrant Muizenberg Beach.
Vida e Caffè is fully committed to their on-going sustainability journeys with the aim of ensuring a sustainable world for everyone and everything living on our beautiful planet.
Their ultimate hope is to motivate everyone to reduce consumption of single-use plastic (which often lands up in our spectacular oceans and beaches) as well as encourage as many people as possible to take action and make small steps to improvement – EVERY little bit helps tremendously, no matter how small or significant it may seem – it’s NOT!
- BYO reusable cup for a free caffè
- Prizes to be won from Vida e Caffè and Old Khaki.
Join the Muizenberg Beach Clean-Up with Vida e Caffè & Old Khaki this Saturday & let’s be better together!
#ParkRun! It’s back on… You should be too!!
- Event by: Constantia Greenbelt parkrun
- When: Saturday, 20 August 2022
- Where: The event takes place at Constantia Greenbelt, Alphen trail, Constantia, Cape Town
- Time: From 8am – 9am
- Cost: Free
- Contact details: [email protected]
- Website: Click here to visit the Constantia Greenbelt ParkRun website & to find out more information
- Important note: It is essential to register before taking part in the ParkRun
ParkRun is finally back! Constantia Greenbelt Parkrun is a 5km running / walking event that takes place every Saturday morning at 8am.
Not only is it one of the most popular and well-liked courses in the country, but absolutely everyone is invited to join in on the Constantia Greenbelt ParkRun fun regardless of your fitness level. Whether you’re just starting out, consider yourself to be reasonably fit, or if you’re a passionate and avid runner – this is the perfect event for you!
#Kindred Vol. 2
- Event by: Kindred
- When: Friday, 19 August 2022
- Where: The Beach Bar Hout Bay | Cnr of Chapmans Peak Drive and Beach Crescent, Hout Bay, Cape Town
- Time: From 7pm until late
- Entry: FREE
Hey Kindred Fam! The groove is calling us back again and the highly anticipated, second installment of Kindred events is finally upon us. Join Kindred at The Beach Bar Hout Bay on Friday the 19th of August for a unique musical odyssey featuring Clint October, Matthew Loots and MODA guiding you through the night.
Entry is free and there will be plenty of amazing tapas and drink specials on offer. Courtesy of Pongrácz, Kindred will be serving FREE welcome drinks to the first 40 people to arrive. To secure a table, booking is essential. The fireplace will be hot and the music even hotter!
Kindred Events SA truly is all about “bringing people together”!
#Date Night | Stir Crazy Cooking School
- When: Saturday, 20 August 2022
- Where: Stir Crazy Cooking School | 14 West Quay Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Time: 6pm – 9:30pm
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets or to find out more information about this exciting weekend event in Cape Town
- Contact details: 021 501 0695 | 066 513 5326 | [email protected] | [email protected]
Feeling the need to turn up the heat or do something sexy and exciting with your partner? Stir Crazy Cooking School’s Date Night is the perfect opportunity for you to steam things up!
Following the success of their Valentine’s month, Stir Crazy is launching a monthly date night, where you and your partner work together to create the most sumptuous dinner you’ve tasted.
Share the love and bring your partner along to spice up your evening, as you team up to create a three-course dinner from Stir Crazy’s exceptional and equally exciting menu selection, overseen by their prestigious, passionate, and professional chefs.
Your dish is then beautifully plated and ready to be enjoyed with your partner at your own table.
**Click here to get your ticket / tickets or to find out more information about this exciting weekend event in Cape Town.
Have a wonderful date night this weekend Cape Town lovers!
#Sunday Feast – 7 Course Braai Buffet
- Event by: Wijnlanden Uitzicht Events Venue
- When: Sunday, 21 August 2021
- Where: Wijnlanden Uitzicht Events Venue | Wild Clover Farm, R304, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Time: 12pm – 6pm
- Contact details: Wijnlanden Uitzicht Events Venue: 071 274 7614 | [email protected]
There is no time quite like braai time in South Africa! With that being said, Wijnlanden, located in the majestic Stellenbosch winelands, is very excited to introduce their brand new, exciting, and down-right delicious braai buffet which takes place every Sunday.
The cost of Wijnlanden’s Sunday Feast & 7-course Braai Buffet is R350pp, and includes the following indulgent menu options:
- Gourmet bread table with flavours of olive, bacon, mielie, potbrood and roosterkoek served with jam, cheese and butter
- Shell Mussels in garlic butter creamy sauce
- Whole Yellow tail with fire baked sweet potato and Greek yogurt
- Seafood paella with prawn, mussel, crabstick and fish. Served with Sautéed Tomato and green bean side
- A-grade Sirloin steak with mushroom and spinach. Accompanied with fresh beetroot and feta salad
- Pork Ribs served with fire baked potato with sour cream
- Traditional Caramelized Malva served with Ice cream
To put the cherry on top, Wijnlanden’s Sunday Feast & 7-course Braai Buffet is a fantastic event, perfect for the ENTIRE family! Undoubtedly making for a fun-filled day spent in the stunning Stellenbosch winelands. To ensure the kiddies have something delicious to snack on and enjoy – there will be plenty of pizza available.
Exciting Things To Do This Weekend In Cape Town
#Go to the iconic Root44 Market
Good food | Amazing Drinks | Epic Tunes & Live Entertainment | Brilliant Company | A Vibrant & Infectious Energy & Vibe!
- Location: Root 44 Market | Corner of R44 and Annandale Road, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Operating hours: Saturday & Sunday, 9am – 5pm (rain or shine)
- Contact: 021 300 3935 | [email protected]
It’s the perfect time to enjoy a legendary ROOT 44 market adventure! The renowned ROOT 44 Market in Stellenbosch welcomes absolutely EVERYONE with open arms, a cool laid-back vibe, and an endless variety of just about everything and anything your market-loving heart desires!
Housed in a sturdy, super-cosy marquees, surrounded by picturesque vineyards and beautiful views, a visit to the ROOT 44 Market is ideal for enjoying a lovely day out in Cape Town with friends and family.
Did you know that the iconic ROOT 44 Market is one of the most child-friendly markets in the Mother City? Well, now you do! Boasting an incredible variety of activities such as World of Adventure (which includes indoor and outdoor jungle gyms), mini-golf, and so much more – It is bound to keep the kiddies happy, entertained, and loving life for hours on end.
Let’s not forget about all the delicious eats, treats, and cool ROOT 44 beats! From decadent sweet treats, wood-fired pizza’s, gourmet hamburgers, and biltong to healthy salads, sandwiches, and spicy curries, ROOT 44 has something for every foodie or lover of delicious things. They also have a wonderful and vast selection of craft beers that are bound to have you coming back for more – That’s a promise!
The best thing is, all the stalls and lekker food and drinks can be enjoyed to the cool sounds, viby beats, and awesome live entertainment as several incredible live bands take to the ROOT 44 stage every Saturday and Sunday.
**Cool to know: One of the coolest things about this market, despite the obvious of course, is the fact that it is one of Cape Town’s best all-weather markets. So, come rain or shine, ROOT44 will continue the good vibes and cool market times all the way through.
**For more GREAT markets in Cape Town be sure to check out our ‘Best Markets in Cape Town’ Blog for everything you need to know!
#3D Glow In The Dark Mini Golf @ Glowing Rooms SA
Get excited cause this is one epic experience you won’t soon forget!
- Location: Shop 16 – The Gallery, Corner Koeberg Road and Turf Club Drive, Milnerton, Cape Town | Entrance on ground floor next to FNB
- Opening hours: Monday: Closed |Tuesday – Friday: Closed (except for confirmed paid event room bookings of 10 or more OR minimum 20 confirmed paid players between 10am – 7pm) | Saturday: 10am – 8pm | Sunday: 10am – 4pm | Holidays: Open from Tuesday – Sunday – Be sure to check the website to confirm times
- Cost: R110 per player | Non-player Fee: R70 | Pensioner Fee: R70 | Pensioner Non-player Fee: R50
- Contact details: 021 551 2244 | [email protected]
- No booking required
- For exclusive usage of the entire premises contact [email protected]
- Click here to visit the Glowing Rooms website or to find out everything you need to know about this fun and thrilling experience
The luminous 3D course features 3D murals, plus UV and disco lights for a fun and thrilling 18 holes of 3D glow-in-the-dark mini golf.
This incredibly unique and beyond exciting experience includes playing with specially imported 3D glasses. You can also book out the event room for private functions.
By far the best thing about playing 3D glow-in-the-dark mini golf – besides the obvious of coure – is the fact that it will be thoroughly enjoyed by EVERY member of the family – Making it one of the best family outings in Cape Town as well as one of the top things to do in Cape Town with kids.
Whether you’re young or young at heart, it promises to be an absolute blast!
#Visit The Atlantis Dunes
The Atlantis Dunes has fast become one of Cape Town’s premier adventure meccas! If you’re an avid adventurer, daring thrill seeker, or lover of all things daring & down-right exhilarating – The Atlantis Dunes is DEFINITELY where it’s at!
- Location: 0 Dassenberg Drive, Atlantis, Cape Town
- Contact details: 021 054 0123
Time to get EXCITED! Going sandboarding at the iconic Atlantis Dunes is without a doubt one of the most sought-after adventure experiences for thrill seekers and adventure enthusiasts. Located approximately 40-minutes from the city center, the Atlantis Dunes is the ultimate sandboarding and adventure sports mecca. It is also one of only a handful of sandboarding locations in the world, undoubtedly making it a must-do bucket-list experience!
The ever-shifting dunes of Atlantis range in size of up to 35 meters and invites people of all ages and experience levels to join in on all the sandboarding fun! Even if you’ve never sand boarded a day in your life, the experienced and dedicated guides will be right there to help you out along the way.
There is absolutely no denying that going sandboarding at the legendary Atlantis Dunes along the Cape West Coast is one of the best and most exhilarating adventures for people of all ages and experience levels – Making it one of the best family outings in Cape Town as well as one of the top things to do in Cape Town with kids.
BUT, that’s not all! While the dunes of Atlantis are a haven for sandboarding, the iconic Atlantis Dunes boasts a variety of epic adventure experiences you can tick off your bucket-list! From thrilling Quad Biking (ATV) rides and extreme 4×4 rides to beyond exciting and action-packed self-drive dune tours, and off-roading – There is something for ABSOLUTELY everyone to enjoy!
Whether you’re young or young at heart, it promises to be an unforgettable bucket-list worthy experience and an absolute BLAST right through to the very end!
#Take a Train to Elgin Railway Market | Ceres Rail Company
- Where: The journey departs from Harbour Bridge Platform (close to the Cape Town International Convention Centre) – Elgin Railway Market (Oak Avenue, Elgin, Cape Town)
- Event by: Ceres Rail Company
- Website: www.ceresrail.co.za
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
- Day Sitter restaurant-type seating – R625 per seat
- Family Coupe (Maximum 2 adults and 2 children) – R1500 for the whole coupe
- Family Compartment (Maximum 4 adults and 2 children) – R2900 for the whole compartment
- Bar Lounge Seating (No under 18’s) – R625 per seat
- Observation Car (Group bookings only for 15 – 28 people) – Starts at R12 750 for 15 people in an airconditioned, private setting
- Children under 2 travel free
Join the Ceres Rail Company on a 160 km round-trip departing from Cape Town to the Art Deco Elgin Railway Market for an exceptional market experience.
The journey departs from Harbour Bridge Platform (close to the Cape Town International Convention Centre), and meanders through Cape Town and its surrounds until reaching the majestic Sir Lowrys Pass. Once you arrive at the foot of the pass, the train embarks on an epic climb up one of the steepest railway lines in South Africa. Cresting the peak, the train snakes it way into the lush Elgin Valley before arriving at the Elgin Railway Market.
Onboard the train guests can enjoy the wonderful scenery from various vantage points whilst sipping on drinks from the fully licensed cash bar and / or snacking in the train dining car.
The service is suited to all ages and promises to be an experience to you’ll never forget!
#Go on a legendary graffiti tour of Woodstock
Are you ready to take a walk on the Cape Town graffiti wild side? The hip, gritty and trendy trail-blazing neighborhood of Woodstock is jam-packed with all the cool creative conquests and artistic graffiti expressions your street-art-loving soul desires.
Cape Town has fast become one of the coolest creative hubs for graffiti artists from around the world – With the trendy neighborhood of Woodstock positioning itself right at the forefront of the Mother City’s street art scene. Boasting a cool, creative, and captivating display of street art, every bit as innovative, vibrant, and diverse as the local and international street art and graffiti artists who created it, exploring Woodstock’s thriving and thrilling street art scene and colorful side streets is definitely one of the most exciting and sought-after experiences for locals and travelers alike; with everyone looking to catch a glimpse of Woodstock’s artistic expressions in action.
It doesn’t quite matter if you’re a die-hard graffiti and street-art-lover or not, going on a legendary graffiti tour of Woodstock is without a doubt one of the coolest things to do in Cape Town for free. Plus, you get to tick something awesome and unreal off your bucket list!