1 December 2023 – 3 December 2023
It’s time to enjoy another incredible and exciting weekend in the beautiful and vibrant city of Cape Town.
From the young to the young at heart, there is smething for everyone to enjoy this weekend in Cape Town. Filled with tons of fun fabulous moments, exciting events, bucket-list worthy experiences, thrilling adventures and so much more – It promises to be a Cape Town weekend to remember.
To ensure you have an unforgettable time, here are some of the top things to do in Cape Town this weekend.
Weekend Events & Experiences
#Cape Open Air at Muizenberg Park
- When: 2 December 2023 & 3 December 2023
- Where: Muizenberg Park, Main Road, Muizenberg
- Time: 12pm – 9pm (finishes 8pm Sunday)
- Cost: R295 (per day) | R555 (weekend pass, includes booking fee) | Free (children under 6)
- Tickets: Click here to get your tickets to this awesome Cape Town summer music event taking place this weekend
Its all about the cool summer vibes & good fun-loving times in the Mother City, so why not let loose & let the lekka seaside summer music vibes flow this weekend in Cape Town by attending the epic Cape Open Air at Muizenberg Park?
Cape Open Air is a two-day musical immersion filled with some of SA’s most iconic acts. On Day 1 (2nd of December), we have Jeremy Loops & Seah Koch + friends. Day 2 (3rd of December) presents Mango Groove & Ard Matthews + more. Put on your dancing shoes, gather your crew, and come and enjoy a curated selection of the country’s best live-performance musicians playing on our open-air stage at Muizenberg Park on the mountainside on the 2nd and 3rd of December 2023.
This is one EPIC event you absolutely don’t want to miss – trust us on this one!
// TAKE NOTE //
- NOT ALLOWED: Glass, Hubblies, Alcohol, Illegal substances, Cooler Boxes, Liquids, Weapons, Gazebos.
- ALLOWED: Own Food, Picnic Baskets, Camping Chairs, Blankets, Cushions, smaller beach umbrellas
#Franschhoek Cap Classique and Champagne Festival 2023
- When: 2 December – 3 December 2023
- Where: Huguenot Monument, Franschhoek | Franschhoek Huguenot Monument Festival Grounds, Franschhoek
- Time: Saturday, 11am – 5pm | Sunday, 11am – 4pm
- Cost: Saturday: R450 | Sunday: R350
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets | You can also visit the Franschhoek Cap Classique website to get your tickets
- **Click here for more information & everything you need to know about this incredible event
Get ready to pop the corks: the Franschhoek Cap Classique & Champagne festival is set to shine on the 2nd & 3rd of December 2023.
Perfectly timed with the beginning of the festive season and the summer season in full swing, the Franschhoek valley welcomes the return of the sparkling annual highlight, the Franschhoek Cap Classique & Champagne festival, presented by Sanlam Private Wealth.
The abundant Franschhoek valley is renowned for producing Cap Classiques of outstanding quality, with an impressive array of over 20 local producers ranging from large, traditional estates to boutique and up-and-coming producers.
The 2023 festival is set to take place over two full days at the historic Franschhoek Huguenot Monument. Bubbly-lovers will be entertained in style by South Africa’s top acoustic rock band, Watershed, whose live performance is set to steal the show. Leigh-Anne Williams, a local radio host, will be behind the mic as MC for the event, and DJ Charles Lusengo from Johannesburg will ensure that feet stay tapping with his Latino, house, beach-club fusion live DJ set.
The venue is renowned for its garden-party style atmosphere – guests are reminded to dress up for the occasion with the classic white and blue dress code with a touch of silver allowing for a little added Franschhoek flair. Fashionistas are encouraged to go all-out, with prizes for the best-dressed up for grabs.
No stranger to gourmet gold, Franschhoek’s local restaurants and a host of pop-up food stalls will ensure that no-one goes hungry, with artisanal goodness and French-inspired fare proudly on offer.
Your entry includes a glass champagne flute and 10 tasting tokens for all the Cap Classiques on show as well as select Champagnes. There will also be an array of Champagnes available for purchase, either by the glass or bottle. In accordance with South African law, no under-18s will be allowed into the event.
#German Inspired Christmas Market Cape Town Paarden Eiland at YES! Exclusive Flowers
- When: Saturday, 2 December 2023
- Event by: Yes exclusive flowers
- Where: Yes! Exclusive Flowers | Section street 33 Paarden island, Cape Town
- Time: 9am – 3pm
- Contact details: 072 843 3906
- Cost: The event is free to attend & the whole family is welcome
Christmas is in the air! We are excited to invite you to our German inspired Christmas market in Cape Town – join us for some fun and laughter and some great vendors too – every Saturday you will find some amazing companies displaying their products – with different products every Saturday – so we are also mixing things up at our German inspired pop-up Christmas market. You will find food, beauty products, stationary, candles, gifts, and of course flowers and decor items. You can event get a REAL Christmas tree from Europe – how AMAZING is that? We will also have different gifting items on display each Saturday straight from Father Christmas’ home continent.
You can find us at Section Street 33, Paarden Eiland Cape Town every Saturday in December before Christmas from 9am-3pm. We are open to the trade and the public. Join us as visitor or exhibitor at our German Christmas market.
This is the third edition of creating a little different Christmas feeling in South Africa for all Europeans and of cause our local community. We were born in Germany and grew up in an area called Christmas country … for us Christmas is a special time of the year and goes along with special traditions, food, Christmas decoration, music, and a whole lot more. We got the idea many years back to bring a German Christmas market to Africa, but for many reasons it never happened, this year we said again yes! to Christmas and asked colleagues and suppliers to join us on our journey.
You will find:
- Lots of beautiful gifts
- Flowers you have never seen before
- Original German Christmas decoration
- Handcrafted wooden décor
- Lekker food like gingerbread or German Christmas cookies
- Unique Christmas stationary
- Original German food
- German Christmas music
- Wonderful Christmas candles in different shapes and colors
- And a lot more …Like a visit from Father Christmas for all kids…
Other vendors amongst others are:
- Barbaras cakes by design
- Ladybird silent books
- Sweets n things
- Happy chefs
- Bunch Cape Town
- Stillwater estate Alpakas
- Cakes and deserts
- Eco Lifestyle
Get the feeling of Christmas and visit us at Yes! exclusive flowers this Saturday and every other Saturday throughout the festive season.
#Muddy Princess Stellenbosch
- When: Sunday, 3 December 2023
- Event by: Muddy Princess
- Where: Sandringham Farm, Stellenbosch
- Time: 8am – 4pm
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
- **For more information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, please visit http://www.muddyprincess.co.za/faq-page
Muddy Princess is an outdoor 5km obstacle mud run for women – and women ONLY!
Our event is for Princesses of all sizes, ages, and fitness levels. We don’t focus on fastest times or competitions, we focus on FUN so be prepared to run, walk, crawl, climb, slide, balance, and laugh your way along our course for an amazing “girls dirty day out!”
We have no limits on the size of your team, it can be as many Princesses as you can convince to join you for a day in the mud! Please don’t feel excluded if you are entering as an individual, all of our Princesses are part of our Muddy Princess family and there will always be help and support to ensure everybody makes it over the obstacles and crosses the finish line at their own pace.
**The event area opens at 7am but the first wave will go off at 8am and continue every 15 minutes (8:15, 8:30 etc) up until the last wave in the afternoon.
Supporters like husbands/children and family members are more than welcome to accompany you to the venue for free! We don’t have a designated spectator zone along the course and ask that, for the privacy of other Princesses, family members remain in the village area.
- Bag drop: R30
- Please only bring bags that can be closed completely and leave unnecessary valuables at home.
- Showers: R70
- Please bring along extra clothing and towels
- Both can be paid on the day at registration
- Young Princesses are welcome to join in the fun and we have a special ticket price for girls 13 year and under!
- No food or drinks will be allowed in as there will be a variety of food vendors on the day of the event so bring along some extra cash for this.
- We have a strict NO REFUND policy. If you are unable to attend, you can sell your ticket privately or transfer it to a friend or family member at no additional charge.
**Due to the nature of the event, there are some age limits as well:
- 14+ years – do not require an accompanying adult but an indemnity form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian at registration on the day.
- 13 years and younger – can run at their parents’ discretion. They require a fully paid and registered adult (over the age of 18) to accompany them and an additional indemnity must be signed at registration on the day.
- Girls under 6 are a little too little for our course, we thank you for your understanding.
#Superbook Family Fiesta
- When: Saturday, 2 December 2023
- Event by: Superbook Mzansi
- Where: Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Mowbray | Liesbeek Avenue Off Liesbeek Parkway, Cape Town
- Time: 12pm – 3pm
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
Get ready to have a blast at the Superbook Family Fiesta, a fantastic event for the entire family! This exciting gathering, hosted by CBN South Africa, is all about the sheer joy of contributing to local Superbook projects. The core mission of these projects is to share the teachings of the Word of God in way that children understand.
Kids will dive into a world of activities, while parents can groove to music or even join in on the action!
The fun includes:
- Superbook exhibition stands
- A meet-and-greet photo booth for making memories
- A family dance party and sing-along session
- An awesome music performance
- Superbook STEM activities that are as cool as they sound
- We will have lots of amazing Superbook merchandise on sale for the SuperFans
When you make a donation by purchasing a ticket, your support goes towards a truly noble mission: translating the beloved Superbook animation series into numerous local languages and making Superbook Clubs and screening events available to communities far and wide.
We’re thrilled to team up with you on this journey of spreading the Gospel in a super-fun way. So, let’s get ready for an unforgettable day of joy, laughter, and giving back!
#Ist Sunday Rhythms – Cherry Vinyl
- When: Sunday, 3 December 2023
- Event by: Royal Cape Yacht Club
- Where: Royal Cape Yacht Club | Duncan Rd, Cape Town
- Time: 12:30p – 3:30pm
- Contact details: Royal Cape Yacht Club: 021 421 1354 | [email protected]
Back by popular demand! Join us on Sunday, the 3rd of December 2023, when Vickus and his band Cherry Vynil entertains us with their unique brand of Indie Rock music. Booking in advance is essential: [email protected] / Tel: 021 421 1354.
~ MENU FOR THE DAY ~
- Avocado Caprese Salad (V) 125/110: Mixed lettuce. Sliced avocado marinated cherry tomato, bocconcini mozzarella, fresh basil, edible flowers & balsamic reduction dressing.
- Caesar Salad 85/75: Cos lettuce, crispy bacon, pecorino shaving, anchovies, croutons, poached egg, Caesar dressing.
- Oysters (6) 140/125: Freshly shucked oysters served onion & tomato relish, lemon wedges & tobacco sauce.
- Pork belly & Prawn laksa 165/155: Pork belly, Prawn, Asian greens, egg noodle & creamy laksa sauce and caramelized lime.
- Catch of the Day 185/175: Pan seared line fish, braised fennel, stemmed broccoli, butternut puree & parsley butter sauce.
- Ribeye Steak 205/185: Grilled ribeye steak marinated with rosemary & thyme, roasted butternut wedges, baked potato with herbed sour cream & red wine sauce.
- Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni (V) 125/115: Spinach & ricotta cannelloni with Napoletana sauce, melted cheese & side salad.
- Cauliflower Steak (V)125/115: Grilled cauliflower steaks, sultana, flaked almonds & oat milk velouté served with side salad.
- Yoghurt Fridge Tart 65/55: Lemon fridge tart served with berry coulis & edible flowers.
- Trifle 65/55: Layers of vanilla sponge, vanilla custard, whipped cream & fresh season berries.
**Visit the following pages for more information:
#Elkanah House Annual Christmas Market
- When: Friday, 1 December 2023
- Event by: Elkanah House
- Where: Elkanah House High School | 85 Sunningdale Drive, Sunningdale, Cape Town
- Time: 5:50pm
- Contact details: Elkanah House: 021 554 8600 | [email protected]
Welcome one and all to our much-awaited Annual Christmas Market at Elkanah House! As the festive season approaches, we are delighted to invite you to join us for an evening filled with joy, warmth, and the spirit of giving. Embrace the Christmas ambiance as our school transforms into a bustling hub of merry celebrations and delightful surprises. From traditional treats to unique handcrafted treasures, our market promises a delightful array of seasonal delights. We are also excited to present our Grade 7 Entrepreneurs market that will be a part of this event.
Come and experience the magic of the season with us as we spread cheer and goodwill in the company of friends and family. Let the festivities begin!
#Jar from Dirt Gravel Ride presented by Stettyn Family Vineyards
- When: 2 December – 3 December 2023
- Event by: Pedal Power Association
- Time: 8am – 3pm
- Where: Stettyn Family Vineyards | Stettyn Family Vineyards, R43, Villiersdorp & Worcester
- Contact details: 083 414 1442 | [email protected]
- Website: www.pedalpower.org.za
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets & to find out more information about this epic event
Get ready to embrace the dirt and uncork the adventure at the inaugural Dirt from Jar, the ultimate gravel event presented by Pedal Power Association in collaboration with Stettyn Family Vineyards taking place on Saturday and Sunday, 2 & 3 December 2023 at the beautiful Stettyn Family Vineyards just outside Villiersdorp.
Experience the thrill of gravel cycling through open roads, scenic vineyards, and untamed landscapes. Push your limits, conquer the challenges, and indulge in the exquisite flavors of Stettyn wines straight from the jar. Join us for an exhilarating blend of off-road cycling and wine, where the joy of riding meets the satisfaction of a well-deserved sip. Let your spirit soar, the dirt be your guide, and the jar reveal the secrets of the journey. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary gravel cycling experience that will leave you craving more. Strap on your helmet, grab your jar, and get ready to ignite your senses on the Dirt from Jar adventure.
The event will take place over two days with the option to take part in only one day or spend the weekend camping with the whole family and part take in both days.
It will be a weekend for friends and family to enjoy together whether you are an existing cyclist, newcomer to the sport, the average participant, or an elite sportsman this will be an event you don’t want to miss out on. E-Bikes are also welcome to join.
Entries are open and limited. Once the limit is reached, no more entries will be taken. Only pre-entries will be accepted for this event.
**Included in your entry fee will be a goody bag that includes a bottle of wine from Stettyn Family Vineyards, timing, unique finishers medal, beautiful on route experience, fully stocked waterpoints, post-race hospitality with lots of food stalls, drinks, and live music to enjoy. There will also be a secure bike park available to safely store your bike while you enjoy the live music and hospitality after your race. Please note only card facilities available, cashless venue. For children under the age of 18 or those who don’t drink, a non-alcoholic beverage will be added to your goody bag.
There will be camping, glamping, a bike workshop, massages, steak night and spitbraai on offer. Booking is essential to avoid disappointment!
~ ENTRY FEES ~
- Madge’s Delight – 12 km: R200 PPA Member and R250 Non-Member
- Guardian’s Path – 40 km: R300 PPA Member and R350 Non-Member
- Shackleton’s Quest – 120 km: R500 PPA Member and R550 Non-Member
- RAM Rampage – 30 km: R250 PPA Member and R300 Non-Member
- Bąbelki Bliss – 15 km: R200 PPA Member and R250 Non-Member
**Click here for EVERYTHING you need to know about this not-to-be-missed event!
#MOJO XXL Music Nights Ft. DJ Rene The Frenchman + His BIG Band
- When: Friday, 1 December 2023
- Event by: Mojo Market
- Where: MOJO Market | 30 Regent Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town
- Time: 19:00 – 00:00
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
Mojo XXL Music Nights presents DJ Rene The Frenchman + his BIG band – A FREE XXL event!!
. . .
Get your FREE TICKETS here -> https://www.quicket.co.za/…/239476-mojo-xxl-music…/
. . .
René is a pioneer in mixing DJ beats with a live band. Expect drums, trumpets, groovy tunes, and an eclectic atmosphere!
. . .
Come early as the venue has limited capacity. Hungry & thirsty? We got you! Indulge in 25 food stores and 5 unique bars at Cape Town’s most popular live music hot spot. See you there.
#Christmas Gift Fair 2023
- When: 2 December 2023 & 3 December 2023
- Event by: Urban View Market CT and O2ONE Local Markets and Events
- Where: Sunningdale Sports Complex | 3 Waterville Street, Sunningdale/Table View, Cape Town
- Time: 9am – 3pm
Get ready for the merriest event of the year! Join us at our Christmas themed gift market where you’ll find a wonderland of local arts, crafts, food, home industry goods, house and garden decor, gifts for kids, and everything you need to make this Christmas extra special.
Save the date! This festive market will take place on the 2nd and 3rd of December 2023 from 9am to 3pm daily.
Indulge in a unique shopping experience as you explore our indoor market, browse through the delightful selection of food trucks for some scrumptious treats, and enjoy live music that will keep you in the festive spirit.
Mark your calendars and join us for a jolly good time! This is the perfect opportunity to support local businesses while finding unique treasures and gifts for your loved ones!
#Fun Salsa Class & Party at RARE Gallery
- When: Friday, 1 December 2023
- Event by: Salsa Cape Town
- Where: RARE Gallery | 6 Watson Street, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town
- Time: 7:30pm
- Booking: Book now via WhatsApp on 074 170 0780 | Bookings are ESSENTIAL!!
Join us for a fun night of salsa dancing at the RARE Art Gallery for a 7:30pm beginner salsa class and then party the night away from 8:30pm until midnight.
- Absolute beginners welcome (we will teach you how to dance)
- No partners needed
- Group bookings available
Tickets available now:
- Class and Party – R120 per person / R200 per couple
- Party only – R50 pre booking / R60 at the door
*** LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE ***
Don’t miss out, get your tickets now and enjoy this amazing event. If you were at the first one, you will know what a great vibe this is.
**Bookings is essential: Book now via WhatsApp on 0741700780
#China Town Ottery Food & Family Day Out
- When: Saturday, 2 December 2023
- Event by: China Town / Cape Town
- Where: China Town Ottery | Woodlands Rd, Ottery, Cape Town
- Time: 10am – 3pm
Announcing Ottery Food and Family Fun Day taking place this weekend in Cape Town!
Get ready for a day packed with tons of fun, excitement, and unbelievable flavors!
You can also expect to enjoy:
- Janine and Mario’s Entertainment!
- Prizes Galore
- Delicious Eats
- Face Painting
- Magical Magician
- Meet Father Christmas
Bring your family and friends for an unforgettable day out!
#Future Frequency Satellite: The Precinct
- When: 2 December – 3 December 2023
- Event by: Future Frequency Festival
- Where: 44 Tide Street, Cape Town
- Time: 4pm – 4am
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
We’re an avant-garde electronic music festival from the future. A proud member of the South African sonic landscape and one that exists to push the boundaries of the way we think about electronic music. We curate hi-tech music in low-tech settings drawing a contrast between the sounds of tomorrow and the aesthetics of the present.
We welcome you to a new setting just a stone’s throw away from the CBD.
Join us as we set forth on another sonic journey into the unknown.
. . . .
// HEADLINERS //
- SETAOC MASS (DE)
- P.E.A.R.L (DE)
- DYLAN FOGARTY (IRL)
. . . .
// LINEUP //
- DE MODA
- WHITE NITE
- RARE SOFTWARE
- LUC VEERMEER
. . . .
// VENUE //
Being just 2 minutes from the Cape Town City Centre makes ‘THE PRECINCT’ easily accessible by UBER – meaning you don’t have to drive and are left to enjoy the festival to its fullest. Your safety is our first priority!
. . . .
// TICKETS //
- Tickets for this event are highly limited, book your trip into the unknown with us ASAP to avoid missing out.
- General Tickets: R200 (85% Sold Out)
- Get Yours: https://dosh.ly/fff
. . . .
// FFF IS MEAT FREE //
In the interests of our planet, and in our aim to decrease the carbon footprint of our event, we embraced a meat-free culture from day 1.
Meat production is one of the biggest contributors to global greenhouse gas emissions and deforestation. We as a festival would like to do our bit to curb that as best we can.
We’ll have incredible vegetarian food available from a number of food traders in our food zone at the festival.
. . . .
// #EXPRESSYOU //
#ExpressYou is our commitment to making our festival a safe space where you have the freedom to completely express the real you, through whichever means resonates best.
We’re setting out to create a safe space free of judgment, where we can all celebrate our individuality and find a sense of community through the practice of none judgement. Our differences make us beautiful.
NO RACISM, NO SEXISM, NO HOMOPHOBIA, NO TRANSPHOBIA, NO XENOPHOBIA, NO ABLEISM, NO AGEISM, NO CLASSISM, NO HATE.
DON’T ATTEND OUR FESTIVAL IF THIS DOESN’T ALIGN WITH YOUR PERSONAL VALUES.
OUR VENUE IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE. WE ALSO HAVE DISABLED TOILETS ON-SITE.
. . . .
// THERE IS NO AVAILABLE PARKING AT THE FESTIVAL SITE //
There is unfortunately no on-site parking. We suggest Ubering to the festival site, due to its close proximity to the CBD. Your safety is our first priority!
. . . .
// FINE PRINT //
- TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- OVER 20 / NO ID NO ENTRY
- ENTER AT OWN RISK
- RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
- PLEASE DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE
- LOOK AFTER YOUR POSSESSIONS
Participation in this event is entirely at own risk. The organizers and venue accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings, even in the case of negligence. Due care has been taken to make this event safe and secure. Tickets are non-refundable. There will be filming and photography taking place at the venue throughout the event: by entering you allow organizers to make use of and publish any footage taken on the day. This event write-up is created, owned, and published by Future Frequency Festival (PTY) Ltd.
#Friday Night Market
- When: Friday, 1 December 2023
- Event by: Boschendal
- Where: Boschendal | Boschendal Estate, Pniel Road, Groot Drakenstein, Franschhoek, Western Cape | The Werf Area
- Time: 5pm – 8pm
- Entrance: Free
- Contact details: 021 870 4274 | [email protected]
- Website: www.boschendal.com
Start your weekend off the right way with the eventful Boschendal Friday Night Market!
Get ready for an amazing lineup of food stalls, live music, and great times every Friday from the 22nd of September 2023 to April 2024. Keep an eye on their updates via their website & social media pages, as weather might impact the gatherings.
Exciting Things To Do In Cape Town This Weekend
#Enjoy an ice-cream at The Creamery
Its ice-cream time! More specifically Creamery ice-cream time! The Creamery is undoubtedly a Mother City staple and huge fan-favorite when it comes to ice-cream – trust us, once you taste it, you’ll definitely understand why. To make things even better, The Creamery not only ensures that every scoop is jam-packed with ALL the ice-cream goodness your ice-cream loving heart desires, but completely eliminates any sort of ‘guilt complex’ you may have if and / or when you surrender to satisfying your irresistible sweet tooth craving. Why is that you ask? Well, not only is it heaven in a tub, it’s handmade using seasonal, organic, locally sourced ingredients (and served in biodegradable tubs) – how great is that?!
With trusty favorites like Peanut Butter, Rosetta Roastery Coffee, Sea Salt Caramel, Sweet Cream, and 65% Chocolate you’ll always find creamy greatness at one of the Creamery branches in Cape Town. With stores all over the city, and seasonal flavor changes, this spot will have you coming back again and again. And there is no limit to the imagination of the flavor team here – the sky is truly the limit! Combinations like Christmas Mince Pie, Chocolate Orange, Hot Cross Bun, and Malva Pudding have all been found at The Creamery, but there’s never a guarantee that a flavor will return – so you better get it while its ‘hot’!
In addition to its wide range of unique & down-right delicious flavor combinations, every month they have a new flavor to try, and try you must! Each branch also has an ice-cream covered treat on offer, like warm waffles in Newlands or freshly baked cookies in Mouille Point.
At The Creamery you can get toppings, tubs, and there’s even a loyalty card to reward you for visiting and treating yourself – what a bonus!
**Local tip: In addition to being one of the best ice-cream spots in Cape Town, The Creamery is also one of the top waffle spots in Cape Town – talk about a double threat!
- Harbour View at the V&A Waterfront: Shop 6160b, Victoria Wharf (next to Exclusive Books) | 021 203 3489
- Palmyra Junction: Shop 16, Palmyra Junction, 4 Palmyra Road, Claremont | 021 203 5210
- Mouille Point: Shop 2, New Cumberland Building, Park Road | 021 434 2455
- Newlands: Shop 4, Newlands Quarter, Dean Street | 021 879 3404
- Durbanville: Shop 18, Durbanville Village Square, Cnr Rose & Oxford Street | 087 803 0844
- They’re also at popular markets like the V&A Waterfront’s Food Market and the Earth Fair Markets in the CBD on Thursdays.
- Website: thecreamery.co.za
**Check out our ‘Top 10 ice cream spots in Cape Town’ blog for all the cool Mother City ice cream hotspots you can’t afford to miss out on!
#Go Tandem Paragliding
Time to take to the sky! There are few things more exhilarating than going on an adrenaline-filled paragliding flight or an unforgettable paragliding sightseeing tour over the glorious city of Cape Town – WHAT A THRILL!
Going on an exciting tandem paragliding experience is by far one of the top adrenaline activities in Cape Town, as well as one of the coolest, thrilling, and most adventurous things to do on any trip to the Mother City. Not to mention a once-in-a-lifetime, never-to-be-forgotten, bucket-list worthy adventure in every way! Trust us, this is one adventure experience you don’t want to miss!
Cape Town’s tandem paragliding trips typically take off from Lions Head or Signal Hill. In addition to the intense adrenalin rush and ‘pinch-me I can’t believe this is actually happening’ moments you’ll experience throughout your tandem paragliding flight, you’ll be treated to the most magnificent panoramic views of the beautiful city of Cape Town. All while soaring through the sky – how unbelievable is that?
**Tip: If you’re keen to experience a super special tandem paragliding adventure, why not take to the sky at sunset? Is there anything better than gliding above the Cape Town skyline, soaring over some of its top sights, remarkable landmarks, beautiful natural wonders, majestic mountain ranges, breathtaking coastlines, and the glorious Atlantic ocean as the Mother City’s stunning sherbet-colored sunset sets the sky alight in a beautiful celebration of colors? We think not! Cape Town is pure sunset bliss after all. A sunset tandem paragliding flight is without a doubt the ultimate combination of beauty and adventure!
#Watch the sunset from the Look-Out Cave on Chapman’s Peak Drive
**Secret Sunset Spot**
Named one of the most magnificent coastal drives in the world, Chapman’s Peak Drive is one of Cape Town’s top attractions and sunset spots. Besides its beauty, and spectacular views, Chapman’s Peak is known for its amazing hidden gems scattered along the route. One of these hidden gems include one of the best secret sunset spots in Cape Town – The Look-out Cave.
Like all the Mother City’s best kept secrets, you may need to wander a little off the beaten path to find this sunset hidden gem.
Make your way along Chapman’s Peak Drive until you reach the famous Chapman’s Peak Lookout Point – This is where the real adventure begins!
Positioned just below the pass, you’ll have to climb over the railing and carefully make your way down the mountainside to reach the Lookout Cave. Once you’ve reached this cool secret hideaway and stunning sunset spot, it’s time to sit back, relax and soak it all in. The sheltered sand-stone cave boasts the perfect view over Hout Bay and Atlantic Ocean. An extra bonus is that it has enough space to enjoy a picnic and a few sundowners paired with one hell of a view.
- Location: M6 | Chapmans Peak Drive, Atlantic Seaboard, Cape Town
- Best time: Particularly beautiful at sunset
- Cost: Chapman’s Peak Drive is a toll road, and as such requires as toll tariff fee. Each category of vehicle pays a different tariff and the tariff is applicable in each direction.
- Toll Details: Click here to find out more about the Chapman’s Peak Standard Toll Tariffs
- Click here to find out more about Chapman’s Peak Day Passes | Click here to find out more about Chapman’s Peak Frequent User Benefits
#Enjoy a cool dip in the Saunders Rock Tidal Pool
Located on the rocky Saunders Beach, Saunders Rock Tidal Pool is situated between Clifton and Sea Point, hidden at the very end of the promenade, in the suburb of Bantry Bay. With white sand and blue waters, this beautiful spot is perfect for an afternoon swim. While the pool is a popular swimming destination on the weekends and holidays, it remains fairly empty during the week. So, put on a swimsuit, grab a towel, and head out for a swim at Saunders Rock Tidal Pool. Afterwards, you can grab something to eat at one of the many restaurants located along the beach.
It’s known to be particularly beautiful at sunset – making it a great sunset watching spot too!
#See the African Penguins at Boulders Beach
A visit to Boulders Beach to see it’s beloved African Penguin Colony in its natural habitat is undoubtedly one of the top things to do in Cape Town year-round – Spring season included – among locals, tourists, holiday-goers, avid globe trotters, families, eager travellers, and absolutely everyone in between.
Located just past Simons Town, along the vibrant False Bay coastline, Boulders Beach is one of the only places in the world where you can actually get up close and personal with these cute and charismatic Cape Town marine life locals – AKA the African Penguins. This makes a visit to the beautiful Boulders Beach an unforgettable bucket-list worthy experience in every way. Not to mention something absolutely everyone who travels to Cape Town should experience at least once in their lives.
Besides seeing the African Penguins from the African Penguin Viewing Site in Boulders Beach, it is also one of the only places in the world that gives you the incredible and unforgettable opportunity to experience a variety of other once-in-a-lifetime adventures such as kayaking and swimming among the penguins as well as enjoying a laid-back beach day with them right by your side – there truly is nothing quite like it!
In addition to Boulders Beach, Stony Point Nature Reserve in Betty’s Bay is home to an African Penguin viewing site as well as one of the largest successful breeding colonies of African Penguins in the world.
**Note: Visitors will need to pay an entrance fee (which forms part of a conservation project) to gain access to the African Penguin Viewing Site and Boulders Beach. Your ticket is valid for the entire day. You can choose to exit and re-enter as it suits you (this only applies to the day your ticket was purchased).**Visit the SANParks website for more information regarding Boulders Beach’s Conservation Fees.
#Spend the day at the Green Point Urban Park with family & friends
If you’re looking for the perfect inner-city nature lover’s escape to enjoy a fun day out with friends and family, the Green Point Urban Park is a great choice. Located next to the Cape Town stadium, the Green Point Urban Park boasts an exciting variety of activities for all ages. From an outdoor gym, fun play parks, and lushes lawns for the kids to run around on, to scenic walking trails and cycling paths, there is something for absolutely everyone to enjoy.
The Green Point Urban Park is also a great place to escape for a while, relax and unwind, breathe in some fresh air, and enjoy a scenic and tranquil stroll through the garden while admiring the vast array of stunning indigenous flora scattered around the picturesque lakes. Not to mention it’s a great picnic spot, boasting beautiful views of Lion’s Head and Signal Hill.
#Abseil down Table Mountain – The highest commercial abseiling route on the planet!
Calling all die-hard adrenaline junkies & fearless thrill-seekers – this incredibly exhilarating & wildly daring adventure experience in South Africa’s beautiful, vibrant, and exciting city of Cape Town is just for you!
You better strap in, it’s going to be one WILD adrenaline-fueled ride that’s for sure! If it’s the thrill of a decent you’re after then Cape Town’s iconic Table Mountain is exactly where you want to be for this once-in-a-lifetime bucket-list worthy adventure.
Standing tall at a staggering 1,086 meters above sea level, Table Mountain is known as the all-mighty giant of the Cape Town skyline. Named one of the New7Wonders of Nature, this 600 million years old flat-topped mountain is not only one of Cape Town’s most iconic landmarks and sought-after attractions, not to mention one of the most recognizable mountains in the world, it is also the ultimate mecca for nature lovers, avid hikers, and keen adventure seekers. Table Mountain and the surrounding Table Mountain National Park boasts a thrilling variety of hiking trails, sensational panoramic views, tons of hidden gems & secret spots, and a vast diversity of unique fauna & flora – all of which makes exploring Table Mountain’s natural beauty and surrounding landscapes an exhilarating adventure in itself.
While admiring this magnificent mountainous giant from below is beyond breathtaking, there are few things that can compare to standing on the summit of the world-renowned Table Mountain & looking out over the vast Atlantic Ocean, iconic Lion’s Head, stunning Signal Hill, beautiful Camps Bay & Clifton, glorious Mother City and beyond. Now that you’ve conquered the Table Mountain summit, why not take it one step further by abseiling down it? As this iconic tall-standing mountain is the highest commercial abseiling route on the planet, it gives daring travellers & avid adrenaline junkies the rare & remarkable opportunity to experience one of the most thrilling once-in-a-lifetime adventures in the world – IT LITERALLY IS AN ADVENTURE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME – how could you not jump at the opportunity to tick this ONE-OF-A-KIND ULTIMATE ADVENTURE EXPERIENCE off your bucket list??
There is absolutely NO denying that taking on the highest commercial abseiling route on the planet is not only one of the top adventures & adrenaline activities in Cape Town, but in all of Africa & the world too! The only question is, are you fearless & adventurous enough to take this massive & beyond thrilling leap of faith & show the all-mighty Table Mountain exactly what you’re made of? GO FOR IT – WE DARE YOU!
#Spend the day soaking up the sun on Bali Beach & Beta Beach in Bakoven
- Location: Bakoven Beach | 3 Twenty Steps St, Bakoven, Cape Town
- Best time to visit: Low tide is best for maximum beach space.
- Cost: Free
Head-over-heels beach lovers you’re going to absolutely LOVE this one!
Bali Beach and Beta Beach are by far two of the best, and certainly the most beautiful, secret beaches in all of Cape Town – hands down!
If you’re eager to escape the large beach crowds & constant city buzz, head straight to Bakoven. Located between Llandudno and Camps Bay, Bakoven boasts a series of stunning secret coves, beautiful rock pools, kelp forests, large granite boulders, and a breathtaking view of the Twelve Apostles mountain range and Atlantic Ocean. Its sheltered and serene setting makes it the ideal beach escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Hidden between Bakoven’s giant boulders you will find two idyllic, tucked away beachy spots that feel like a slice of private beach heaven (and who knows, they might be exactly that) – Bali Beach (also known as Robyn’s Beach) and Beta Beach. The best way to reach Bali Beach is simply to walk along the coastline from Camps Bay tidal pool, and then make your way down a few steps to the sparkling cove below. Beta Beach is situated just a little further ahead and can also be accessed from Beta Road – once parked, simply follow the signs.
Besides being two of the most beautiful hidden beach gems in Cape Town for enjoying a relaxing day of soaking up the wonderful Mother City sunshine, Beta Beach & Bali Beach, along with their large granite boulders, are also two of the best secret sunset spots in Cape Town – talk about a double hitter! Hey, we told you we’re starting our list of top secret beaches in Cape Town with a BANG! So, if you happen to find yourself at either of these beautiful Cape Town beaches at sunset, prepare yourself for quite a spectacular show.
#Explore the colorful & culturally diverse neighborhood of Bo-Kaap
Situated at the foot of Signal Hill, on the fringe of the city centre, Bo-Kaap is known as one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse neighbourhoods in the Mother City. It is also one of Cape Town’s oldest neighbourhoods and undoubtedly the most colourful. This is largely owed to its colourful mix of Cape Dutch and Georgian architecture homes that line the steeply cobble-stoned streets. Besides its colourful surroundings, Bo-Kaap boasts a rich and diverse history which has shaped this beloved neighbourhood into what it is today.
Formerly known as the Malay Quarter, Bo-Kaap is celebrated as the historical centre of Cape Malay culture in Cape Town. Bo-Kaap’s origins date back to the 1760s when numerous “huurhuisjes” (rental houses) were built and leased to slaves. These people were known as Cape Malays. Many of Bo-Kaap’s residents were descendants of slaves from Malaysia, Indonesia and various African countries who were forcibly brought to the city in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Bo-Kaap is also home to the iconic Bo-Kaap Museum, which is the perfect place to learn all about the history of the area with the building dating back to the 1760s, as well as the first established Muslim mosque in South Africa, the Auwal Mosque, and the famous Diamond Gallery (one of the largest diamond wholesalers in South Africa).
Besides its vibrant cultural diversity, one of the top things to do in Bo-Kaap besides exploring its colourful streets of course, is enjoy some authentic Cape Malay cuisine. Enjoying a traditional Cape Malay meal in Bo-Kaap undoubtedly deserves to be on everyone’s Cape Town bucket-list. Not to mention it’s a great way to fully immerse yourself in Cape Town’s diverse culture and rich history.
#Go Sandboarding at the Atlantis Dunes
Going sandboarding is one of the most sought-after adventure experiences for thrill seekers and adventure enthusiasts. Located approximately 40-minutes from the city center, the Atlantis Dunes is the ultimate sandboarding mecca. It is also one of only a handful of sandboarding locations in the world, undoubtedly making it a must-do bucket-list experience.
The ever-shifting dunes of Atlantis range in size of up to 35 meters and invites people of all ages and experience levels to join in on all the sandboarding fun – undoubtedly making it one of the most exhilarating and best things to do in Cape Town in September with the whole family as well as right throughout the Cape Town spring season. Even if you’ve never sand boarded a day in your life, the array of exceptionally experienced guides will be right there to help you out along the way.
#Go Whale Watching
Going on a Whale Watching journey or adventure, as well as spotting the majestic Southern Right Whales along with the other members of Cape Town’s Marine Big 5 (African Penguins, Dolphins, Cape Fur Seals, Mola Mola Sunfish) from the shoreline is by far one of the most sought-after things to do in Cape Town in spring.
Every year, between June and November, Southern Right Whales journey to the Cape shores to mate and calve, giving locals and travelers the incredible opportunity to witness these majestic ocean beings in their natural habitat. The Cape Whale Route is a 900-kilometre-long stretch of coastline that extends from Strandfontein near Muizenberg to Plettenberg Bay in the Southern Cape, giving you ample destinations and opportunities to enjoy incredible whale sightings.
The prime time for whale-watching in Cape Town is between August and October, with the peak calving season taking place in August and September.
Whether you choose to witness them from the shoreline, the perfect ocean-front sunset spot or up close and personal on a boat-based whale watching ocean adventure, it promises to be an unforgettable bucket list worthy experience.
**Tip: Where are the top spots & destinations for whale sightings in and around Cape Town:
- False Bay Coastline: A great place to enjoy incredible whale sightings is along the vibrant False Bay coastline, with Simonstown being one of Cape Town’s best whale watching hubs. Opt for the higher vantage points along the False Bay coastline such as Cape Point, Boyes Drive between St James and Kalk Bay, and Clarence Drive between Gordon’s Bay and Rooi Els. During peak whale-watching season, you might even be lucky enough to spot them close-up if you take the train trip from Muizenberg to Simon’s Town.
- Hermanus: Hermanus is rated as one of the top 12 whale-watching locations in the world by the World Wildlife Fund. If you’re looking to experience the REAL deal when it comes to whale watching in the Western Cape, a visit to the whale capital of the world, Hermanus, should definitely be on your Cape Town bucket-list! Not only will visitors be able to enjoy amazing land-based viewing opportunities, with the whales coming within metres of the shoreline at times, Hermanus boasts some great whale-watching viewing terraces at the Old Harbour and Gearings Point. There are also a variety of boat-based whale watching adventures available if you’re looking for something a little more thrilling. If you’re eager to fully immerse yourself in the Hermanus whale experience, be sure to visit this top Western Cape whale spot during the first week of October when the seaside town hosts an annual whale festival.
- Cape Agulhas: Another top whale watching spot in the Western Cape is the Cape Agulhas. Up to 50 pairs of southern right cows and calves have been known to frolic in the ocean waters near the southernmost tip of Africa. If you’re looking to combine your love for the outdoors, hiking and marine life, The Whale Trail, a five-day hike along the cliffs, dunes, and beaches of the Cape Agulhas, gives you a wonderful opportunity to view these mighty mammals and their offspring while ticking an exhilarating experience off your Cape Town bucket-list.
**Other great places to enjoy spectacular Southern Right Whale sightings in Cape Town and surrounds:
- De Hoop Nature and Marine Reserve
- Witsand (also known as “The Whale Nursery of South Africa”)
- The Cape West Coast: Lambert’s Bay; Strandfontein; Yzerfontein; Langebaan; Paternoster; Elands Bay; Saldanha Bay; Melkbosstrand & Doringbaai
- Overberg region: Struisbaai; Arniston; Stanford; Betty’s Bay; Gansbaai & De Kelders
- Cape Town: Llandudno & Hout Bay
- Garden Route: Stilbaai; Sedgefield; Nature’s Valley
#Go Wine Tasting in the Cape Winelands
In Cape Town, any time is wine time – Which undoubtedly makes exploring and tasting your way through the Western Cape winelands one of the best things to do in Cape Town in June.
Home to the largest, and certainly the most unique, wine producing region in Africa, the Western Cape is any wine lover’s dream come true. Besides its highly acclaimed and award-winning wine collection, the Cape Winelands is known for its incredible wine routes, exciting food and wine pairing combinations, pristine wine tasting experiences, and world-renowned culinary pursuits. Providing you with everything you could possibly want and need to enjoy a memorable day in the magnificent Cape Winelands.
Even if you’re not a die-hard wine enthusiast at heart, you’ll undoubtedly fall head-over-heels in love with the stunning Cape Winelands’ scenery, remarkable vineyards, captivating charm and allure, and of course the unique way the Western Cape celebrates, loves, and cherishes their vast assortment of exceptional wines.
Not to mention sharing the unforgettable experience with friends and family – There truly in nothing quite like it!
**Bonus: One of the best things about going winter wine tasting in the beautiful Cape Winelands is that several of the Western Cape’s Wine Estates and Wine Farms have fireplaces to keep guests and avid wine lovers warm and loving every second of their Cape Winelands experience.
Here are some of the most popular & renowned wine routes in the Western Cape:
- Stellenbosch wine route
- Wellington wine route
- Franschhoek wine route
- Helderberg wine route
- Breedekloof wine route
- Constantia wine route
- Durbanville wine route
- Elgin Wine Route
- Little / Klein Karoo wine route
- Tulbagh wine route
- Darling wine route
- Walker Bay wine route
- Cape Agulhas wine route
- Cape Point wine route
- Olifants River Valley wine route
- Paarl Vintners wine route
- Robertson wine route
- Swartland wine route
- Worcester wine route
Check out our ‘10 of the best wine tasting experiences in Cape Town’ blog for all your wine tasting pleasure.
…wait, there’s more!
If you’re feeling wildly adventurous and extra daring (and not too bothered by the cold – or willing to risk a bit of chill for a bucket-list worthy Cape Winelands experience) you should absolutely go on the famous, and dare we say legendary, Franschhoek Wine Tram.
Going on the iconic Franschhoek Wine Tram is by far the best, and certainly the most exciting, way to experience everything the majestic Franschhoek wine valley has to offer. From its spectacular mountain range and vineyard landscapes, stunning views, and world-renowned Wine Estates, to the region’s gloriously unique and exceptional array of award-winning wines, the Franschhoek Wine Tram offers guests an unforgettable hop-on-hop-off Cape Town winelands adventure.
It goes without saying that taking a trip on the Franschhoek Wine Tram is a NOT-TO-BE-MISSED experience for ALL avid local and global wine lovers. Even if you’re not much of a wine enthusiast, the experience itself is beyond worth it – trust us!
The Franschhoek Wine Tram offers approximately 8 different routes / lines to choose from with each route including anywhere from 6 – 10 Franschhoek wineries that you’ll get to visit. Click here to find out more about the various Franschhoek Wine Tram lines / routes.
- Location: Franschhoek Square, 32 Huguenot Road, Franschhoek, Western Cape
- Contact details: 021 300 0338 | [email protected] | www.winetram.co.za
- Tickets: You can book the tickets online here| Or visit their website for more information and everything you need to know
- Click here to find out more about ticket pricing, bookings, hop-on-hop-off tour tips, and all other need-to-know information.
#CELEBRATE & DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY AT LIFE GRAND CAFÉ WATERFRONT
There is no denying that Life Grand Café is one of the coolest beachy hotspots in town. If you’re in the mood to celebrate in true opulence and style – this is EXACTLY where you need to be for an unforgettable night out in Cape Town.
The vibrant Life Grand Café is the perfect combination of trendy and comfortable yet chic, stylish and sophisticated. It’s no surprise that it has fast become one of the most sought-after inner-city spots to see and be seen – so keep a lookout for some famous faces!
The stunning setting, prime location, beautiful backdrop, and spectacular waterfront views of this renowned Cape Town hangout and beach bar is merely scratching the surface of what Life Grand Café has to offer.
From finely and meticulously crafted cocktails, premium wines, sensational bubbly, an amazing selection of drinks, and inspired culinary creations, to a lavish laid-back vibe, lively atmosphere, an electric energy that is down-right contagious, and music that will undoubtedly get you on your feet in mere seconds, dancing the glorious night away – The Life Grand Café Waterfront is the ultimate Cape Town hotspot and viby beach escape.
It’s time to celebrate and dance the night away – Simply because you can!
- Location: Life Grand Café Waterfront | 2 Pierhead Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Contact details: 021 205 1902
- Website: Click here to visit the Life Grand Café Waterfront website to find out more information & book your spot.
#GO TO THE VIBRANT BAY HARBOUR MARKET
The Bay Harbour Market is widely known and celebrated as the most vibrant market in Cape Town. Situated on the water’s edge at the old Hout Bay Harbour, the Bay Harbour Market is all about embracing the true spirit of the Mother City. Set inside an old fish factory, this beloved Cape Town Market aims to uplift and empower the local community and talent by bringing local craftsmen, artists, designers, and musicians together in the most unique and authentic way. This undoubtedly makes the Bay Harbour Market the ultimate celebration of community, culture, culinary pursuits, creative expression, and everything in between – And you’re invited to join in on every second of the shopping, sharing, vibrant energy, laughter, dining, dancing, and lively local Bay Harbour Market vibe!
With the reopening of the Bay Harbour Market, the focus will be on all things local – from local vendors right through to local performers. Visitors can expect an awesome line-up of South African talent on the Fever-Tree Sound Stage every Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday. Besides incredible live music to lift everyone’s spirits, there will be an amazing selection of local wines, craft beers and gins on offer as well as a variety of delicious food, ranging from street food to nibbly bits and platters perfect for the whole family.
That’s not all! As always, the Bay Harbour Market’s shopping experience is right on point – Boasting over 100 stalls, you’ll find anything from top fashion, leather accessories and décor to art, collectables, crafts, gifting and so much more – you want it, chances are the Bay Harbour Market has it!
What are you waiting for? The Bay Harbour Market is ready to add some fun, excitement, and extra Bay Harbour magic to your day!
**Bonus: In summer, visitors to the Bay Harbour Market can enjoy the refreshing ocean air, stunning harbour views, and lively vibe on the outside patio. Not to mention some great sightings of the Hout Bay ocean locals – the beloved Cape Fur Seals! When the temperatures start to plummet, visitors are invited to sit inside next to the cosy fire.
**Note: The Bay Harbour Market has implemented stringent COVID-19 protocols and safety measures in line with government regulations.
For more information about the traders and what they have to offer, visit the Bay Harbour Market website: www.bayharbour.co.za
- Location: 31 Harbour road, Hout Bay, Cape Town
- Contact details: [email protected] | 084 370 5715 |www.bayharbour.co.za
- Facebook: @bayharbour
- Instagram: @bayharbourmarket
- Twitter: @bayharbourmkt
#VISIT CAPE POINT
If you’re keen to go on an exciting winter road-trip or tick an epic adventure experience off your Cape Town bucket-list, a visit to the renowned Cape Point is perfect for you! Located approximately 60km south west of the city of Cape Town, at the very tip of the Cape Peninsula, Cape Point is the ultimate destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
One of the perks of visiting Cape Town in winter is that it is Cape Town’s low season. This means fewer crowds, less traffic, and no long queues, making it the perfect time to visit some of Cape Town’s top attractions and natural wonders like Cape Point. That, combined with the fact that winter in Cape Town is known as the ‘Green Season’, means the glorious Cape Point Nature Reserve will be beautifully green, thriving and worth every second of exploring.
Situated within the renowned Table Mountain National Park, a declared Natural World Heritage Site, Cape Point is located approximately 60km south west of the city centre, at the very tip of the Cape Peninsula. Boasting jagged mountain peaks rising from the deep blue, plunging cliffs, an abundance of wildlife and a rich biodiversity and endemic Fynbos, it is a true nature lover’s paradise. Besides its unapologetic natural beauty, one of the best things about Cape Point is the fact that it offers visitors so much to do, see and experience – Making for the ultimate Cape Town winter adventure!
Top things to do at Cape Point:
- Go hiking. Cape Point boasts some of the most thrilling hiking trails in the Western Cape. Have a look at our ‘Best Cape Point Hiking Trails’ blog to find out more about its beautiful and exhilarating hiking trails and nature walks.
- See the old Cape Point lighthouse.
- Take a ride on the famous Flying Dutchman Funicular.
- Embark on a cycling adventure.
- Go fishing (you will need a permit).
- Go surfing.
- Take a refreshing dip in one of its picturesque tidal pools.
- Witness its abundance of wildlife, birdlife, and marine life.
- Explore Cape Point’s rich biodiversity, stunning scenic surroundings, and vast natural landscapes. From jagged mountain peaks rising from the deep blue, towering more than 200 metres above the sea, and plunging cliffs to a spectacular display of wildflowers and endemic Fynbos scattered about, Cape Point is a remarkable natural wonder and National Park.
- Visit the Cape Point food shops and curio shops.
- Discover one (or all) of Cape Point’s secret beaches, all of which are largely unspoilt and untouched. Four of Cape Point’s stunning secret beaches include Buffels Beach, Diaz Beach, Maclear Beach, Olifantsbos Beach.
Besides it’s wild unapologetic natural beauty and magnificent panoramic views, Cape Point offers visitors so much to do, see and experience. From thrilling hiking trails, nature walks, fun-filled family friendly activities, an abundance of wildlife, birdlife, and marine life to exhilarating adventure experiences, tons of hidden gems, tidal pools, picturesque secret beaches, the old Cape Point lighthouse, and the famous Flying Dutchman Funicular, Cape Point has it all!
**Tip: Some of Cape Point’s most beautiful secret beaches include: Buffels Beach, Diaz Beach, Maclear Beach and Olifantsbos Beach.
#SEE A SCREENING AT THE LABIA THEATRE
The Labia Theatre is the oldest Independent Art-Repertory Cinema in South Africa, showcasing the best off-circuit, independent movies, foreign films, documentaries, classics, and other alternative as well as art circuit films. This makes the famous Labia Theatre the epitome of old-school cinema at its very best and any old-school movie buff’s dream come true.
Even if you’re not much of an old-school / classic cinema lover, you’ll undoubtedly fall head-over heels in love with the iconic Labia Theatre and everything it has to offer.
Besides its original and authentic theatre experience, the Labia Theatre Cinema boasts a cosy coffee bar which offers home-made delicacies, a chocolate bar serving sweets, chocolates and popcorn, an outside garden terrace as well as a fully licensed bar to keep visitors and guests entertained throughout the night. In fact, the Labia Theatre is the only cinema where you can sit back, relax, and sip on a drink from the bar all while watching a classic movie screening. This Undoubtedly makes a visit to the Labia Theatre one of the top things to do on a cold day in Cape Town. In fact, this incredible and unique cinema experience can be enjoyed right throughout the year.
- Location: The Labia Theatre | 68 Orange Street, Gardens, Cape Town
- Show times: Subject to the movie
- Contact details: 021 424 5927 | [email protected]
- Website: www.thelabia.co.za
- Operating hours: Open daily from 11am until the end of the last screening at approximately 11pm
- Click here to find out more about the Labia Theatre as well as all the screenings on offer
#GO ON AN UNFORGETTABLE KLOOF CORNER SUNSET HIKE
- Difficulty: Easy – moderate level of difficulty
- Fitness level required: Low – moderate level of fitness required
- Start point: Tafelberg Road | Kloof Corner parking area
- Average time to the top: About 20 – 40 minutes each way (depending on your fitness level)
- Approximate route distance: +/- 1.5 km
- Best time to hike: Sunset
- Child-friendly: Yes
- Pet-friendly: Yes. However, Table Mountain National Park is under the jurisdiction of SANParks. This requires that dog-walkers have a Level 1 My Activity Permit (R305 per year).
The iconic Kloof Corner is by far one of the best sunrise and sunset hikes in Cape Town. If you’re eager to tick something amazing off your Cape Town hiking bucket-list, going on a sunrise or sunset hike up Kloof Corner is an absolute must.
Kloof Corner has also fast become one of the most popular spots for sundowners amongst Cape Town locals. Paired with a beautiful view of Camps Bay, Lion’s Head, the City Bowl, and Atlantic Ocean, its pure magic and guaranteed to knock your hiking socks right off!
Considered one of the easiest hikes on the Table Mountain chain, as well as one of the most popular and beautiful trails in Cape Town, Kloof Corner is definitely worth all the hype and praise it’s getting.
While the Kloof Corner hiking trail definitely includes a few steep sections, making you work for it just a tiny bit, overall it is a simple and short hike with a wide and stable path. This makes it a great hiking trail for kids eager to explore the outdoors, beginners and hikers of all ages, fitness, and experience levels.
Check out our ‘Kloof Corner’ blog to find out everything you need to know about this incredible Cape Town hiking trail.
Check out our ‘Best Sunset Hikes in Cape Town’ blog for more amazing sunset hiking trails in and around the Mother City.
#ENJOY THE EVENING AT THE PIANO BAR
Located at the corner of Jarvis and Napier Street in the trendy De Waterkant District of Cape Town’s inner city, the infamous Piano Bar is a trendy New York-inspired music revue bar and eatery serving modern tapas cuisine. In addition to its prime location, The Piano Bar’s wraparound terrace boasts spectacular views through De Waterkant village all the way to Devil’s Peak. It truly is the ideal spot to chill out over an evening cocktail (or perhaps a few).
Now for the live music! With a baby grand piano, microphones, instrument plug-in points, and premium surround sound through excellent speakers – The Piano Bar is live music at its very best! Boasting an amazing selection of jazz, live funk, soul, and blues every night of the week, you’re in for quite a live music treat! Inspired by the swanky Jazz joints of New York City, the Piano Bar has established itself as one of the most sough-after live music spots in Cape Town for tourists and locals alike.
The Piano Bar also boasts a cosy Bar Room where guests can taste their iconic curated cocktails along with a variety of other beverages.
That’s not all! This renowned must-visit live music revue bar and eatery is known for their cool laid-back atmosphere and top-quality food and drinks. All of which can be enjoyed to the soulful sounds of exceptional live music acts and a spectacular view of the Mother City.
- Location: 47 Napier (cnr Jarvis) Street, De Waterkant, Cape Town
#SPEND THE DAY AT KIRSTENBOSCH BOTANICAL GARDENS
If you’re a head-over-heels nature lover, a visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens should definitely be right at the top of your Cape Town bucket-list. The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens is acclaimed as one of the great botanic gardens in the world. It has also won the highly esteemed ‘International Garden of the Year’ award, and to be honest, very few gardens can compare to the sheer grandeur of the setting of Kirstenbosch. This not only makes Kirstenbosch gardens one of the best gardens to visit in Cape Town, but one of its most magnificent natural gems too!
Located right at the base of Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch is one of the most incredible displays of indigenous natural beauty you’ll find anywhere in the city. It forms part of the Cape Floristic Region, also known as the Cape Floral Kingdom, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Cape Floristic Region is the world’s smallest, yet most diverse, floral kingdom. It is one of only six floral kingdoms in the world and is the only one that occurs entirely in one country. Here you’ll find a glorious diversity of fauna and flora entirely indigenous to Cape Town. Kirstenbosch covers an area of 528 hectares filled with more than 7,000 plant species, 2,500 of these from the Cape Peninsula.
Besides its vast natural beauty and top Cape Town garden status, Kirstenbosch offers visitors an endless variety of things to do and see. Not to mention some exciting adventure experiences!
Here is a sneak-peak of what you can expect on your visit to Kirstenbosch:
- Calling all wildlife and bird lovers! Kirstenbosch is home to over 125 bird species, making it any bird enthusiast’s dream come true. You will also encounter several reptiles, frogs, and invertebrates as well as amphibians such as the Chirping Frog, the Cape River Frog, and the critically endangered Table Mountain Ghost Frog.
- Avid hikers can enjoy a variety of hiking trails and walking routes. The Kirstenbosch estate can be explored via five trails of differing levels of difficulty. All are well-maintained, logged footpaths or gravel roads and are sign-posted. The Braille Trailand Boekenhout Trail are ideal forest walks for those pressed for time and the not so fit. The Stinkwood Trail is a relatively short exploration of the oldest part of the forest with some of the largest trees. The Yellowwood Trail and Silvertree Trail are long hikes that take you up to the waterfall and around the estate, through both forest and fynbos. It is also possible to climb Table Mountain from Kirstenbosch, up Nursery Ravine or Skeleton Gorge.
- Kirstenbosch boasts a variety of beautiful garden areas, including the Botanical Society Conservatory, art at the Sculpture Garden, and the Protea Garden, to mention just a few.
- For avid adventurers and thrill seekers, there are tons of hidden gems, secret spots, caves, waterfalls and so much more to be discovered and explored – so get ready for an adventure!
- Beautiful, lush lawns and large shaded trees perfect for picnics and kiddies ruuning around.
- The famous Centenary Treetop Canopy Walk, also known as the ‘Boomslang’, has fast become a fan-favourite Kirstenbosch attraction for both the young and young at heart. The Centenary Tree Canopy Walkway is a curved steel and timber bridge that winds and dips its way through and over the trees of the Arboretum. The Walkway takes visitors from the forest floor into and through the trees and bursts out above the canopy, boasting spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and Garden.
- The cyad amphitheatre which features life-size models of dinosaurs – this is a real winner with the kids!
- Kirstenbosch also has a variety of restaurants to and curio shops.