It’s party time Cape Town! Get ready to celebrate the end of a decade as 2020 is officially within reach! And what better place to welcome in the New Year than in the lively and vibrant city of Cape Town? There truly is no New Year’s Eve party quite like a Cape Town New Year’s Eve party. And if you haven’t experienced it first hand, it’s about time that you do! Because if there’s one thing that the Mother City knows how to do, it’s to go all out and celebrate a cool occasion in style. In order to ensure you have the best end-of-a-decade New Year’s Eve celebration, we’ve handpicked the top 10 New Years Eve parties in Cape Town. Here are some of the coolest parties and sought-after events taking place in the Mother City this New Year’s Eve.
#1 Kinky Summer NYE Festival
Although you might need to travel a little outside of the city centre for this one, it promises to be well worth it. Taking place in a lush paradise in the beautiful La Paris Estate, this cool Cape Town New Year’s Eve party encourages you to let loose and let your imagination run wild. Let go of your inhibitions and dance the night away in the name of love and life as the old year becomes new and the clocks turn back to zero. This year partygoers can expect to enjoy an epic jam-packed line-up of top DJ’s and performers. As you celebrate to the cool summer sounds that the Kinky Summer NYE festival has become known for. A cool vibe, cool location, cool people and cool tunes, what more can you want in a Cape Town New Year’s Eve party?
- When: 31 December 2019 – 1 January 2020
- Where: La Paris Estate, Franschhoek
- Tickets: Phase 1 & Phase 2 tickets: Sold out | Phase 3: R680 | Phase 4: R780 | Final Phase – Late Bird: R880 | VIP Access Tickets also available as well as Round-trip shuttles & accommodation options
#2 Alcazar New Year’s Eve Festival
If you’re looking for the ultimate inner-city Cape Town New Year’s Eve party, the famous Alcazar New Year’s Eve celebration is definitely it! Bazique Festival and Wolfkop Weekender have teamed up to bring you this iconic New Years Eve event. And it promises to be bigger, better and bolder than ever before. Held at the foot of Table Mountain, cool Cape Town party goers can expect 12 hours of incredible music from the top electronic DJ’S out there.
But, that’s not all, Alcazar has definitely upped their game for its epic end-of-a-decade New Year’s Eve celebration. A variety of performance art pieces, fire dancers and a jam-packed line-up of DJ’s and performers showcased over 3 meticulously curated stage sets is just some of what you can expect. This year’s theme is Disco Amazonia, so be sure to dress to impress! Especially if you’re looking to fully immerse yourself in this cool New Year’s Eve celebration. Prepare yourself Cape Town party lovers, this one is going to be wild and crazy. But in the absolute best way!
- When: 31 December 2019 4pm – 1 January 4am
- Where: 105 Hatfield Street, Gardens
- Tickets: R390 – R690 (book tickets online at Howler)
- Important information: No under 21’s are allowed to attend the Alcazar New Year’s Eve party
#3 Shimmy Beach Club NYE Party
The Shimmy Beach Club’s annual NYE celebration has established itself as one of the most highly anticipated New Year’s Eve parties in Cape Town. And this year promises to be better and more extravagant than ever before. To reign in 2020, Shimmy Beach Club has collaborated with the Blue Marlin Ibiza to bring the sexiest party of the White Isles to the shores of Cape Town. And they’re sparing no expense to make it the ultimate ‘Cape Town meets Ibiza’ party extravaganza the Mother City has ever seen. Get ready for spectacular dancers and live performances by GorePerformance (Spain), world-class production and a line-up of top local and international DJ’s (from Ibiza and the UK). As you dance the night away and celebrate the New Year in true Cape Town style. This truly is the ultimate way to welcome 2020!
- When: 31 December 2019 7pm – 1 January 2020 4am
- Where: Shimmy Beach Club at the V&A Waterfront | 12 South Arm Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Tickets: From R750 (general admissions & early bird) | R950 (general admission) | R1 850 (VIP)
- Contact: [email protected] for tickets
- Important information: No under 18’s allowed | Food and drinks are not included in general ticket prices but a variety of finger foods can be ordered from the menu | VIP tickets include a separate entrance, VIP lounge and toilets, waiter service and unreserved seating | Premier tickets are available for groups of 8 and more.
#4 Pacha New Year’s Eve Party
The world-renowned Pacha Ibiza will be returning to the shimmering shores of the Mother City for their annual Cape Town New Year’s party extravaganza. And we couldn’t be more excited! Held at the iconic Grand Africa Café & Beach Bar, the Pacha New Year’s Eve celebration is undoubtedly one of the top New Year’s Eve parties in Cape Town. Not only will you be able to ring in the new decade on the beach in legendary Pacha style with a stunning seaside Summer soirée, but enjoy an exciting line up of incredible performances.
Stellar acts from International Pacha Official residents and live shows by the gorgeous Pacha Official dancers is just some of what you can expect from this iconic NYE event. Plus, Pacha isn’t known as one of the most sought-after NYE parties for just anything. So, you better prepare yourself for a New Year’s Eve 2020 celebration unlike any other. This one promises to be one for the ages!
- When: 31 December 2019 – 1 January 2020 | Doors open at 9:30pm
- Where: Grand Africa Café & Beach, Granger Bay, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Tickets: Phase 1: R850 | Phase 2: R1000 | VIP tickets & tables available | Tickets are sold exclusively through Howler | Ticket link: musicpeople.howler.co.za/pachanye2019
#5 Secrets of Summer New Year’s Eve Beach Party & Music Festival
Cape Town and global party lovers, this one is for you! Are you looking to enjoy the ultimate Cape Town NYE music festival to celebrate the arrival of 2020? Then this epic Cape Town New Year’s Eve party is perfect for you! This year the Secrets of Summer New Year’s Eve Beach Party brought to you by 5FM will be taking place at the pristine Riverclub Golf Course Estate. And although it’s not held at its usual Maiden’s Cove location, prepare to be blown away. As they pull out all the stops to make it an epic NYE party you won’t soon forget. 3 beautifully themed stages and dance arenas, a man-made beach oasis, complete with soft beach sand, palm trees, day beds, splash pools, geodesic domes and DJ Lifeguard Towers, are just some of the amazing features you’ll be able to enjoy during this cool NYE party.
Besides an epic location and amazing view of Table Mountain, the Secrets of Summer New Year’s Eve Music Festival has put together an expertly curated line up of SA’s finest Groove Masters and International Stars. Which will undoubtedly have you dancing the day and night away and loving life all the way into 2020. Tons of fun in the sun, cool summer tunes and soaking up all the cool vibes and epic Secrets of Summer NYE party times is what this Cape Town New Year’s Eve festival is all about. So, go wild, let loose and dance to your heart’s desire to an epic all-star line-up.
- When: 31 December 2019 12:30pm – 1 January 2020 3:30am
- Where: The River Club Luxury Estate | Liesbeek Avenue, Observatory Rd, Observatory, Cape Town
- Tickets: General Access Ticket Pricing: Phase 1 Early Bird : R390 – currently on sale.
- Phase 2: Early Bird : R490
- Phase 3 Early Bird : R690
- Tickets available at bit.ly/sosnyetickets
- VIP Ticket Pricing: Phase 1 Early Bird VIP: R550 – currently on sale
- Phase 2 Early Bird VIP: R720
- Phase 3 Early Bird VIP: R1100
- Tickets available at bit.ly/sosnyetickets
#6 The V&A Waterfront
The vibrant V&A Waterfront is to Cape Town what Time’s Square is to New York. It’s lively and full of energy! And definitely the place to be if you’re looking to ring in the New Year with some local Cape Town flair. The V&A Waterfront has established itself as the ultimate entertainment and culinary hub in Cape Town. So, you better know you’re in for one spectacular New Year’s Eve celebration. Because no one does New Year’s Eve quite like the V&A Waterfront.
In addition to the variety of exceptional restaurants, trendy bars, laid-back waterfront eateries and rooftop drinking spots, the V&A Waterfront always has a few extravagant surprises up its sleeve. Especially when it comes to celebrating New Year’s Eve. Incredible performances, live music showcases and an immersive wonderland of glowing colours as magical light installations come to life, illuminating the buildings and trees is just some of what you can expect. The V&A Waterfront has also become known for the best and most spectacular mid-night firework display in the entire city.
- When: 31 December
- Where: V&A Waterfront
#7 Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens NYE Summer Concert
The Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series is undoubtedly one of Cape Town’s top summer experiences. But on New Year’s Eve is when it reaches its ultimate peak with its annual New Year’s Eve Summer Concert celebration. And the best thing is, the whole family is invited to join in on the New Year’s Eve festivities. Thereby making it all the more special!
With live music by the local acts, Freshly Ground, Nomadic Orchestra, and Native Young, you’ll be reigning in the New Year in true local Cape Town style. Pack your picnic basket, kick off your shoes and dance the evening away to the cool summer sounds as you celebrate the end of a decade with friends and family by your side. And the fact that you get to celebrate the arrival of 2020 in one of the most beautiful natural gems in Cape Town, is just an extra special treat.
- When: 31 December | Gates to concert area opens at 7pm
- Where: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Tickets: R435 | All concert goers require a valid concert ticket | Regret no free entry for children
#8 Long Street, Cape Town CBD
There is no denying the fact that the bustling Long Street is a party in its own right. But now Long Street is taking over New Years too! Boasting a variety of cool bars, hip hangouts, trendy rooftop spots, lively clubs and everything in between, Long street is the place to be if you’re looking for a wild and fun New Year’s Eve party in Cape Town. But don’t think you’ll be the only one enjoying Long Street’s cool party ways on NYE. This iconic street will undoubtedly be jam-packed with party loving locals and keen travellers and tourists as midnight approaches. All looking to celebrate the end of a decade and the start of 2020 in the ultimate way!
Long Street will however be closed off to cars. Thereby allowing you to party the night away and have tons of fun doing it. An insider local tip is to book a table at one of Long Streets cool rooftop spots. Especially if you’re not too keen on the large crowds. That way you can enjoy an epic New Year’s Eve in Cape Town all while observing the lively local vibe from above. However, if you’re all about making your Cape Town New Year’s Eve as wild, fun and crazy as possible, feel free to join the masses of partygoers ready to ring in the new year.
Tjing Tjing Rooftop Bar, The Grand Daddy, Beerhouse, the Waiting Room or SGT Pepper are all great options if you’re looking to enjoy your New Year’s evening from a rooftop balcony.
- When: 31 December 2019 – 1 January 2020
- Where: Long Street, Cape Town
#9 The Village Idiot
When celebrating the New Year in an exciting city like Cape Town, you’re always faced with the dilemma of which incredible destination to choose when ringing in the new year. Beach or bar? Restaurant or trendy rooftop spot? The choices truly are endless. But the Village Idiot is making it a whole lot easier to decide by offering you the very best combination for an epic New Year’s Eve Cape Town party you won’t soon forget.
This means you’ll be able to fulfil your sunset Aperol dreams and get a taste of city hustle-and-bustle at their incredible Inner-City Beach Party. Before the real party begins, guests will be able to enjoy live summer beats and incredible drinks specials all night long after enjoying a three-course meal. Once you’re filled up and ready to go, its time to party the night away and celebrate the end of a decade by welcoming 2020 in style.
- When: 31 December 7pm – 10pm (dinner) | 10pm onwards (PARTY TIME!)
- Where: The Village Idiot | 32 Loop Street, CBD, Cape Town
- Tickets: R850 (dinner + party) | R100 (party, pre-sale) |R150 (party at the door) | Contact 021 418 1548 ; [email protected] for tickets or more information
#10 Radisson Blue Hotel at the V&A Waterfront
If you’re looking to celebrate the start of 2020 in true style and class with a spectacular view, this is the perfect Cape Town New Year’s Eve event for you. The Radisson Blue Speakeasy Cocktail Party is all about glitz, glamour and perfectly prepared cocktails. And the fact that the sea-facing hotel on the edge of Atlantic is decking out its Harbour View and Boardwalk areas in true 20s style, just adds an extra cool element to this already sensational New Year’s Eve celebration.
Besides a magnificent view in one of the most beautiful locations, the Radisson Blue certainly has a few extra surprises that will undoubtedly make your evening one to remember. From live entertainment, great music, gourmet finger foods and stylish canapes to an incredible firework display at midnight and bubbly to toast the brand-new year. It promises to be a New Year’s evening that will be remembered for many years to come.
- When: 31 December 8:30pm for 9:pm – 1 January 1am
- Where: Radisson Blue Hotel | Beach Road, Granger Bay, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Tickets: R1650 | The price includes a welcome drink, canapés, live entertainment and sparkling wine at midnight
- Contact 021 441 3000 ; [email protected] for tickets or more information
- Important information: No under 18s allowed