Cape Town Nominated For Six World Travel Awards
We’ve got some incredibly exciting news! Cape Town has officially been nominated for six awards at the World Travel Awards!
Cape Town is at the very top of its game, and its making sure the entire world knows it too! Cape Town is one of those glorious cities that ‘have-it-all’ – A total enigma, and we just can’t get enough!
Cape Town is a destination unlike any other, vibrant, colorful, exhilarating, and brimming with energy. It is no surprise that this beautiful and lively city has stolen the hearts of locals, travelers, and wanderlust wonderers from around the world.
The fact that it is nominated for SIX World Travel Awards just further proves that Cape Town has loudly and proudly established itself as one of the top global travel destinations.
According to IOL, Mayco member for Economic Growth, James Vos, the awards are the gold standard in the travel world and bring significant economic benefits and incredible growth potential to the city.
This year, Cape Town has been nominated for the following six World Travel Awards:
- Africa’s Leading Beach Destination 2022: Cape Town
- Africa’s Leading Business Travel Destination 2022: Cape Town
- Africa’s Leading City Destination 2022: Cape Town
- Africa’s Leading Festival & Event Destination 2022: Cape Town
- Africa’s Leading Meetings & Conference Destination 2022: Cape Town
- Africa’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2022: Table Mountain, Cape Town
“Having been to communities and attractions all across our metro and meeting Capetonians in the tourism and hospitality industry who are visibly proud of their home city, I know that we are deserving of every accolade. I have said it before and I will say it again: Cape Town is Africa’s best city because of the people who make up its cultures, cuisines, and communities. Many agree,” – James Vos.
Vos went on to say that the City and Cape Town Tourism worked continuously to keep the metro top of mind for domestic and international visitors, while simultaneously supporting local tourism enterprises. Most recently, the group launched Find Your Freedom, a first-of-its-kind interactive platform that showcases different kinds of experiences across the city.
This & so MANY other wonderful things are what makes us beyond proud and elated to be Capetonians!
While we’re at it, let’s acknowledge and celebrate Cape Town’s other incredible and note-worthy achievements and accolades – Here are merely a few:
- Named the third greatest city on Earth by the flagship UK newspaper, The Telegraph.
- Voted the ‘Greatest City in the World’ by the Telegraph Travel Awardsfor more than 7 years (including 7 years in a row).
- Declared one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Voted the 15th ‘Most Instagrammable Place in the World’ by Big 7 Travel on their coveted 2020 list.
- Claimed the 36thspot on Big 7 Travel’s list of ‘The 50 Most Popular Destinations For Post-Lockdown Travel’.
- Table Mountain was awarded the title of ‘Africa’s leading attraction’.
- Cape Town was voted ‘Africa’s leading city destination’.
- In 2021 Cape Town International Airport was named the continent’s best.
- The Zeitz MOCAA Museum of Contemporary Art Africa was crowned the ‘Best overall Cultural Destination of the Year‘ at the 2018 Leading Culture Destinations Awards.
- The Zeitz MOCAA Museum of Contemporary Art Africa was named one of TIME Magazine’s Top 100 destinations of 2018.
- The famous Test Kitchen was crowned one of the 50 Best Restaurants in the world as rated by the World Restaurant Awards. It was also ranked 22nd in The World’s Best Restaurant Awards in 2016 as well as claimed the number 44 spot in 2019 and the ‘Best Restaurant in Africa’ title at The World’s Best Restaurant Awards.
These are only a few of Cape Town’s achievements, accolades, awards, and global recognitions. We are unbelievably excited to see what Cape Town will achieve in the future.
What’s next Cape Town? Because I for one can’t wait!