Helicopter rides are considered an experience of a lifetime. Not only is it entertaining, but it will give you a chance to view the city from a different perspective.
Since Cape Town is one of those special places full of natural beauty, there are some places that can only be fully appreciated only when you are up in the air. Here are a few of the best helicopter tours in Cape Town.
What to Know Before you Book a Ride
- Minimum number of participants may be applied
- For passengers that weigh more than [220lbs/99.7kgs] may need to book 2 seats in the helicopter to feel maximum comfort
- Flights may be subject to weather conditions.
- Make sure to arrive at your meeting point at least 10 to 15 minutes early for a safety briefing.
Highlights of Going on a Helicopter Tour
- A full 360 degree view of Cape Town
- An aerial view of the Atlantic and Indian Ocean meeting point
- Panoramic aerial view of Table Mountain and the Cape of Good Hope
When it the Best Time to Go?
A helicopter tour in the Mother City is suitable for any time of the year. If you want to know what time during the day is best, then you should check the weather reports for Cape Town, and schedule your ride around it.
Keep in mind that scheduling your ride early in the morning or late in the afternoon will allow you to experience a beautiful sunrise or sunset.
Helicopter Tours Options
2 Oceans Scenic Helicopter Flight
Experience the beauty of Cape Town from a different perspective with this helicopter tour. Catch a glimpse of the Atlantic Coast line, Table Mountain, and cross the Cape Peninsula through the Sun Valley to reach the mellow waters of False Bay. Observe the different landscapes and meandering coastline, from Signal Hill to the posh houses at Camps Bay.
- Private 25-minute helicopter tour along the coastline of the Indian and Atlantic Ocean.
- Live commentary from the pilot
- Great White Shark spotting off the coast of Muizenberg Beach
Cape Peninsula, Cape of Good Hope, and Cape Point Scenic Helicopter Tour
Take an aerial tour of Cape Town to experience the dramatic scenery of the Peninsula and its two well-known capes – Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. This helicopter ride lasts 48 minutes, and flies you over the Table Mountain National Park, Table Mountain, and along the shores of False Bay.
- Aerial view of the Cape Peninsula’s landscapes and untouched beaches
- Flexible schedule for morning and afternoon flights
- Private tour for six people