Named the ‘Best overall Cultural Destination of the Year’ at the 2018 Leading Culture Destination Awards, as well as one of TIME Magazine’s Top 100 destinations, the Zeitz MOCAA Museum of Contemporary Art Africa is one of Cape Town’s most sought-after art and culture destinations for locals and tourists alike.
As you can’t physically visit this artistic gem right now due to South Africa’s COVID-19 Lockdown, Zeitz MOCAA is bringing the WOZA vibe right to your home. The first Friday of every month was WOZA Fridays at the Zeitz MOCAA. The renowned museum would keep their doors open till late and art and culture lovers from all walks of life were invited to enjoy an evening filled with spectacular art, drawing sessions, scavenger hunts, creative workshops, and music.
Lucky for us, Zeitz MOCAA has decided to bring back the WOZA vibe with WOZA at home. WOZA at home is an exciting event that will include an online mix of music, creative workshops, cocktail making, art-led conversation and so much more. The first Zeitz MOCAA WOZA at home event will take place on the 8th of August 2020 from 18:00 until 21:00. It’s the perfect opportunity to get all dressed up, indulge in all things creative and artistic and share in the Zeitz MOCAA WOZA vibe!
There are a variety of tickets available, giving all art, culture, and lovers of all things creative the opportunity to join in on all the Zeitz MOCAA WOZA fun. Zoom room links will be sent to ticket holders via email on Saturday 8 August at 17h30. These rooms have been set up to allow guests to attend activities of their choice. Book your tickets here.
Here is just some of what you can expect from this lively Zeitz MOCAA event and the cool and creative rooms they have set up.
ROOM 1 – MOCAA MAKING
- From grub to glam: 18:00 to 18:30: Let Zeitz MOCAA Food show you how to turn your homemade meals into gourmet works of art.
- But is it cake?: 18:30 to 19:15: Join sugar cake artist Lynne Glass and learn to make an art-inspired cake.
- Art-making: Moving Hearts: 17:30 to 21:00: Zeitz MOCAA Art Educators Liesl, Mandisa and Richard will guide you through simple wrapping and binding techniques to create a doll inspired by South African artist Senzeni Marasela
ROOM 2 – MOCAA INSIGHTS
- Meet the makers: 18:00 to 18:30: Papama Mtwisha has broken barriers as a designer and businesswoman. Hear the founder of the label ‘Africa Your Time Is Now’ talk about putting her work on a global platform.
- Slow Look: The Fashion Series: 18:30 to 20:00: Join Zeitz MOCAA Gallery Guides Michael and Siseko as they discuss what our clothes say about us and our society through multiple artworks exhibited in the museum.
- Authentic South African Fashion In 2020: 20:00 to 21:00: A thrilling panel discussion hosted by stylist Gabrielle Kannemyer. On the panel are designers Amanda Laird Cherry, Mzukisi Mbane, Onesimo Bam, and multimedia visual artist Trevor Stuurman.
ROOM 3 – MOCAA VIBES
- 18:00 to 19:30: Sit back and join musician Andy Lund for songs of release, relaxation, and respite. Lund is a prominent figure on the South African music scene. His album The Year of the Knife is set for release later this year.
- 19:30 to 21:00: Dance it out and have some fun with DJ KONG.