Since the start of South Africa’s Lockdown on the 26th of March 2020 to curb the spread of COVID-19, people all over the country have been cooking and baking up a storm. We’re sure most of you might be professional Chefs by now, or at the very least incredible amateur Chefs. The good news is, it’s finally time for you to take a well-deserved break and support some local Cape Town restaurants instead. During level four of South Africa’s Lockdown, restaurants are allowed to operate on a delivery basis only. This means you can place your food order directly and have it delivered to your door.
Some delivery services can only handle a certain number of deliveries per day. It is important to make sure you get your order in early to avoid disappointment. Many restaurants are making use of delivery services like Uber Eats and Mr D, while others do the food drop-offs themselves. Check with your local restaurant or eatery to find out more.
Here are some of the best Cape Town restaurants doing food delivery in Level 4 Lockdown.
#1 THE SHOP
The Shop is a local Sea Point Eatery serving simple, tasty, uncomplicated, and flavour-filled bistro-style food. This beloved Cape Town restaurant is run by a passionate husband and wife team that are both the owners and Chefs. For them it’s all about cooking with thought and creating dishes with local and ethically sourced produce where possible. Now you can enjoy their delicious and flavoursome food right in the comfort of your home during the Level 4 Lockdown.
On their menu you will find a variety of meat, fish, and vegetarian options. Making sure there is something for everyone to enjoy. Their The Shop @ Home menu boasts indulgent pantry items (all made in-house), DIY @ Home kit where you can have some fun in the kitchen and whip up one of their sensational dishes, and finally their amazing Classic dishes. All of which can be ordered for delivery. They even have some decadent dessert options to choose from!
- How to order: Contact The Shop on 083 782 5240 (you can call or WhatsApp them to place your order) | You can also send them a direct message on their Instagram account @theshopseapoint | Home deliveries will take place Thursday – Saturday | Pre-payment via yoco or SnapScan on delivery | Visit their website www.theshoprestaurant.co.za or Instagram account to see their menu.
- Delivery areas: Green Point – Fresnaye: R25 | Camps Bay: R35 | Vredehoek – Tamboerskloof: R35
Maaya is a vibrant modern Japanese Peruvian restaurant and lounge bar situated in the heart of Cape Town. If you’re a head-over-heels sushi lover at heart, this one is bound to put a massive smile on your face as you can now order Maaya Sushi straight to your door. Widely known as the number 1 sushi spot in Cape Town, sushi lovers will be able to order any of Maaya’s wide variety and indulgent selection of sushi options during Level 4 Lockdown. Whatever your sushi-loving heart desires, they’ve got it! So don’t waste a single second and satisfy all your sushi cravings today!
- How to order: You can place your order via WhatApp 082 500 5669 (minimum order of R500) @maayadelivery| You can also order through Uber Eats and Mr Delivery
- Contact details: For any enquiries or more information regarding delivery, contact Maaya on 082 500 5669 | [email protected] | Visit their website www.maayacapetown.com or Instagram page @maayacapetown for any updates, special offers or exciting menu announcements.
#3 MARROW BROTH BAR
Marrow Broth Bar is another incredible Cape Town restaurant that is delivering during the Level 4 Lockdown. Marrow is a super cool broth bar based in the Mother City that specialises in a variety of broths. You can now order their selection of broth bowls to be delivered to your door. Their range of broth bowls include:
Clear broth bowl: Free-range roasted chicken, preserve lemon rind, spicy carrots, broccoli, orange flesh, japanese omelette served with their clear bone broth made with grass fed beef and organic vegetables.
White broth bowl: Roasted eggplant, potato, turnip strips, mushrooms served with their white broth – made with vegetable broth, home-made coconut milk, lemongrass and smoked miso.
Green broth bowl: Steamed line fish, black mussels, patagonia squid, pickled leeks, garlic lime & fennel corn served with their green fish broth – made with dashi, seasonal greens, seaweed.
Red broth bowl: Dukkah crusted venison tartare, teriyaki eggplant, seasonal greens, porcini powder, red apple served with their red broth – made with grass fed beef, gochugaru, red wine, tomato paste.
Yellow broth bowl: Free-range pork, ramen noodles, soft poached egg, seasonal greens served with their yellow broth – made with grass fed beef, turmeric, saffron.
They also have a variety of delicious extras that can be added for the super hungry! Besides Marrow’s wide selection of broths, they also specialise in kimchi, broth for babies, puree for babies, and a selection of drinks.
- How to order: WhatsApp your complete order to 073 225 3169 by 1pm with your name, full street address (add suburb)|Indicate your method of payment: SnapScan or EFT|Please forward proof of payment via WhatsApp (screenshot) upon payment|Payments to be made in full to enable them to process order|Delivery fee applies: 0-10km: R20|Distance is calculated from @marrowbroth, 83 Loop Street, Cape Town|For orders further away, please order on Mr Delivery|Home deliveries take place Monday – Friday between 2pm – 4pm
- Marrow Broth Bar can accommodate large orders, bulk orders and wholesale orders.
#4 OUR LOCAL
Our Local is all about bringing people together through good food and good company. As they can’t do that right now, they’re dedicated to delivering the very best food right to your doorstep. Now, more than ever, Our Local is looking forward to re-igniting their passion for food and sharing it with the whole of Cape Town. During Level 4 of Lockdown Our Local will be focussed on launching delicious ready-made meals, the famous Pantry, as well as their Our Local specials. They will also be adding The Grocer, The Bakery, and Meal Kits in the next coming weeks.
Our Local will be running their own delivery service to save cost and ensure that stringent safety and hygiene protocols are followed. You can expect a wide variety of delicious meals when placing your Our Local order. Some of their ready-made meals include free range beef lasagne, Parmesan melanzane, Spicy free-range chicken, Beef Bobotie, Moroccan vegan curry and so much more. Not to mention their amazing pantry options. You will truly be spoiled for choice! Keep an eye on their social media feed for any updates and exciting specials @our_local. Visit their website to browse their delicious selection of menu offerings and special offers www.ourlocal.co.za
- How to order: When it comes to placing your order, Our Local is all about keeping is as easy, simple and flexible as possible | Orders will be taken via WhatsApp: 064 642 5004 | They will then order from their suppliers and prepare your order from scratch ( please be patient and allow for a minimum of 24 hours turnaround time) | They will confirm a delivery time that suits you (free delivery to city bowl and Atlantic seaboard!) | Payment will be taken via SnapScan or EFT
- Contact details: [email protected] |WhatsApp: 064 642 5004
#5 HUDSONS THE BURGER JOINT
Hudsons the Burger Joint is back and ready to deliver their jam-packed and delicious burgers, classics, and specialities right to your door. Choose between their selection of Hudsons burgers, nachos, pizzas, appetizers, entrees, desserts, shakes and drinks. Hudsons has also launched a very special Charity Burger initiative where you can buy a burger and fries for someone less fortunate and they’ll donate it on your behalf. How incredible is that!
You can also order awesome Hudsons At-Home Kits if you’re looking to have some fun in the kitchen and whip up some of Hudsons famous dishes. Choose between the Build Your Burger Kit; Ribs & Wings Kit; Free Range Sirloin Kit; House Nachos Kit and Brownies Kit!
- How to order: You can order directly from Hudsons and get 10% off your bill | Visit their website to place your order www.theburgerjoint.co.za | Or contact them on 021 674 5152 (Claremont) | 021 433 1496 (Green Point) | 021 887 0252 (Stellenbosch) | You can also place your order through Mr D.
- Delivery days & times: Monday – Sunday 11:30am – 7pm | Only R15 delivery fee |Delivery within 6km from their stores
#6 CAFÉ CHARLES
The famous Café Charles located in the trendy De Waterkant District is finally open for deliveries during Level 4 Lockdown. From freshly baked goods, brunch, main meals and frozen meals to indulgent pantry items, organic fruit, and vegetable bags as well as a selection of beverage items, Café Charles has something for everyone. Some of their meals on offer include traditional Cape Malay Lamb Curry, Seafood Risotto, Beef Bobotie and their beloved Malva Pudding. Café Charles has absolutely everything you want, need, and crave and will deliver it all right to your door.
All their delicious meals are made using only the freshest premium ingredients from local suppliers. When placing an order at Café Charles, you can rest assured that you will not only be able to enjoy a delicious meal, but support local businesses and suppliers at the same time.
A few of their famous Café Charles meals are available on certain days of the week, these include:
Beef Bobotie & Rice (Mondays); Chicken Curry & Malva Pudding for two (Wednesday & Saturdays); Lamb Curry & Malva Pudding for two (Wednesday & Saturdays); Vegetable Curry & Malva Pudding for two (Wednesday & Saturdays).
- Delivery areas: Deliveries for Cape Town are currently only available in the City Bowl and Atlantic Seaboard (more areas coming shortly): R25 | De Waterkant residents and Café Charles neighbours: FREE delivery.
- How to order: You can place your orders online via their online store www.charles.capetown | 087 743 2359 | [email protected]
#7 FYN RESTAURANT
FYN Restaurant is one of Cape Town’s most sought-after fine dining experiences. Now they’re bringing their delectable fine-dining culinary creations right to your doorstep during South Africa’s Level 4 Lockdown. There are two menu options that are available for delivery. The first option is the FYN EXPERIENCE. This option includes a five-course menu of inventive dishes that is filed with flavour and bound to tantalize your taste buds in all the right ways.
The second FYN Restaurant option is the FYN family Menu. This is the perfect meal to share with family around the dinner table. Especially if you’re looking to treat your loved ones to something extra special.
Due to limited stock at the markets, their menus and dishes are subject to change and availability. They always endeavour to meet any and all dietary requirements at FYN. So please don’t forget to mention them when placing your order. For menu updates and information keep an eye on their website www.fynrestaurant.com or Instagram account @fynrestaurant
- Delivery areas: Free delivery range extends to a 10km radius from FYN | A surcharge (distance dependent) will be added for longer journeys | 10km to 15km – R50 | 15km to 20km – R100
- How to order: Call: 021 286 2736 | WhatsApp: 071 559 0304 | E-mail [email protected] | FYN from HOME can be ordered the day before | Bookings close at 5pm for next day deliveries | Delivery times are 12pm to 7pm, Tuesday to Saturday | Please note they are only accepting payment by Credit Card at this time.
#8 THE BLACK SHEEP RESTAURANT & BLACK HORSE BAR
The Black Sheep Restaurant on Kloof is one of Cape Town’s top restaurants. They have collaborated with the Dark Horse Bar to deliver their delicious dishes straight from their kitchen to your doorstep during the Level 4 Lockdown. Their jam-packed menu includes everything from starters and nibbles, a wide variety of sensational main meals, family meals, decadent desserts, drinks, and delicious pantry options. They even have an Every Day Sunday Roast! The Every Day Sunday Roast is catered to approximately 4 people and should be ordered 24 hours in advance.
- Delivery areas: Gardens, Vredehoek, Oranjezicht, Tamboerskloof, Higgovale & Camps Bay.
- How to order: Visit their website & place an order online www.blacksheeprestaurant.co.za | Call: 0214262661 | Email: [email protected] |
- Stage 4 Lockdown times: Tuesday to Sunday from 12pm – 7:20pm | Monday closed.
Bacini’s has fast become one of Cape Town’s favourite Italian Restaurants. Now they’re delivering their range of delicious Italian meals right to your doorstep. From a variety of home-style family meals, delicious Italian pizzas and pastas, salads and starters, a wide assortment of groceries and a range of Bacini’s Boxes filled with a selection of premium ingredients to create your very own Bacini’s dishes at home. They truly have something for everyone.
- How to order: Place your order online by visiting Bacini’s website www.bacini.co.za | You can also contact them directly via 021 423 6668 or [email protected] | Alternatively you can place your order via Uber Eats or Mr D.
- Delivery areas: Atlantic Seaboard to Rondebosch.
- Ordering information: During the lockdown period Bacini’s trading hours are Tuesday – Sunday 11am – 6pm | Closed on Mondays | All orders placed after 6pm or on a Sunday will be processed the following day | For emergencies please contact Carla on 0832753066
- Contact details: 021 423 6668 |[email protected] | www.bacini.co.za
#10 NOURISH’D CAFÉ & JUICERY
One of the Mother City’s coolest cafés, Nourish’d Café & Juicery, is another one of Cape Town’s best restaurants delivering delicious and nutritious meals, care packs and a wide range of products directly to your door during Level 4 Lockdown. From frozen smoothies, juices, infusions, soups, wraps, burgers, gourmet sandwiches and French toast to salad dressings, shots, smoothie bowls, breakfasts, toasts, rainbow bowls, broths, desserts and so much more. Nourish’d is dedicated to keeping Cape Town healthy, happy, and productive right throughout the Nationwide Lockdown period. Nourish’d has put together the following care packs for delivery:
- Sweet Heart Care Pack: A collection of granola, plant-based Nutella, sugar-free jam, and decadent date-balls to comfort you through the lockdown.
- Juicy Juice Care Pack: A selection of Nourish’ds favourite juices for you to enjoy during the lockdown. Choose between your favourite flavour or a variety pack option.
- Frozen Soup Care Pack: Three soul-warming soups from their winter menu to keep you warm and cared for as we enter the colder months.
- Frozen Meals Care Pack: Three soul-warming meals from their winter menu to keep you warm and cared for as we enter the colder months.
- Shot-A-Lot Care Pack: A collection of Hot Shots (ginger, lemon, turmeric & black pepper) and/or Ultimate Shots (garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, lemon) to super-charge immunity in sip-sized packages.
- Frozen Smoothie Pack: Jars of frozen smoothie ingredients. Add 250ml of plant-based milk and blend to re-create a Nourish’d smoothie in your own home.
- Smoothie Bowl Pack: Jars of frozen smoothie ingredients. Add 250ml of plant-based milk and blend to re-create a Nourish’d smoothie in your own home. Choose the pack with or without an extra coconut shell bowl.
- Sweet Tooth Care Pack: A collection of teas, treats, jams, spreads, and nutty granola to make you happy.
- Savour The Moment Care Pack: A collection of dressings, soups, broths, and patties to bring a taste of Nourish’d into your own home.
Nourish’d also has a variety of cleanses, immune-boosting nutritional programs (powerful combination of elixirs, infusions, juices, shots, broths and soups to boost immunity and detoxify the respiratory tract), vegan broths, frozen smoothies, original Nourish’d granola, juices, shots and almond mylk on offer. As well as their famous Green Goddes Dressing, Miso Dressing and Chia-Blueberry Jam.
All the items and care packs are available for delivery only and can be ordered by visiting their website www.nourishd.co.za. All items will arrive on the start date you select and will be delivered by their inhouse driver who will be following stringent hygiene procedures. You can also contact Nourish’d on [email protected] | 064 755-243 to find out more.
- How to order: You can place your order online by visiting the Nourish’d website www.nourishd.co.za | You can also place your order via WhatsApp – Nourish’d Kloof Street: 064 755 2431 | Nourish’d Observatory: 066 336 3944.
- Delivery areas: Nourish’d currently has two differentiated delivery zones. One for online store orders, and one for orders of hot food through WhatsApp | Online store orders are delivered from Town, all the way to Muizenberg including Llandudno, Hout Bay, and the Southern Suburbs. They also do deliveries to the Northern Suburbs as far as Somerset West, but only on Thursdays.
- Online store orders: For town + southern suburbs: They charge R50 for orders under R300 and offer free delivery for orders over R300 | For orders to Hout Bay and Llandudno they charge a flat fee of R80 no matter the order value | For Northern Suburbs deliveries on Thursdays they charge R100 on orders under R300 and R50 on orders over R300.
- Orders via WhatsApp: For Kloof orders via WhatsApp they only deliver within the City Bowl and Atlantic Seaboard, and offer free deliveries on all orders | For Observatory orders via WhatsApp they deliver from Woodstock to Newlands/Claremont | They can only accept orders for delivery if they are over R100 for these areas.
#11 CLARKE’S BAR & DINING ROOM
Clarke’s Bar & Dining Room is one of Cape Town’s most sought-after restaurants and hangout spots for locals and travellers alike. With its captivatingly cool status trumping all others. But, just like many other Cape Town cafés and bars, Clarke’s had to find a new way of operating amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic. That’s exactly what they did! You can now order a variety of Clarke’s famous breakfast and lunch options, delicious salads, sandwiches, burgers, sides, and delectable sweet treats to be delivered to your door. You can also place an order for the following Clarke’s items:
- Butchery: Here you can get all of your meet needs at really great prices | Butchery orders are ready for collection or delivery the following day | Available Monday – Friday so you can place your orders Sunday – Thursday | Any other items ordered will be sent with your Butchery order.
- Clarke’s Goods: Clarke’s Goods includes a variety of croissants, labneh, pickled beans, kimchi, seed loaf, Mysthill butter, Woodstock sourdough, Burger Kits, even Ballo Masks and more | Same day delivery for orders before 15:00.
- Vegetables: Clarke’s supplies Umthunzi organic vegetables and their regular vegetables | Same day delivery for orders before 15:00.
- How to order: Contact Clarke’s on [email protected] | 063 656 5966 | www.clarkesdining.co.za | You can either place your order by contacting Clarke’s directly or via Uber Eats and Mr D.
- Operating on Delivery Platforms: Monday- Saturday 9am – 4pm
#12 KLOOF STREET HOUSE
The renowned Kloof Street House has established itself as one of the most sought-after restaurants in Cape Town. Set in a magnificent Victorian house, Kloof Street House is an experience as enigmatic as it is intimate. Although we won’t be able to experience the magical and lush surroundings of Kloof Street House first-hand, the fact that this top Mother City restaurant is delivering during the Level 4 Lockdown period, means we get to indulge in all their sensational culinary creations. And wow are you in for quite a treat! Kloof Street House’s Delivery menu boasts a sensational selection of starters, main meals, salads, sides, and desserts. Catering to every taste bud, dietary requirement, and culinary pallet. If you’re looking to treat yourself, your loved one or your family to a truly decadent and special meal, Kloof Street House is the perfect choice!
- How to order: Please call or WhatsApp 063 820 2402 or 021 423 4413 to place your order | You can also email Kloof Street House on [email protected] | To view the menu visit their website www.kloofstreethouse.co.za
- Opening & delivery times: Monday – Sunday 12pm – 7pm
- Delivery information: There is a delivery fee of R25 that goes to your friendly waitron | Please note an extra R5 per km will be charged after 2km from Kloof Street House
- Location: 30 Kloof Street, Gardens, Cape Town
#13 OBLIVION BAR & KITCHEN
If you’re in the mood for gourmet burgers and pizzas, you’re in luck, Oblivion Bar & Kitchen in Claremont is about to satisfy all your burger and pizza cravings. This fan-favourite Cape Town restaurant will be delivering a variety of breakfast meals, coffees, burgers, and pizzas right to your door during the Level 4 Lockdown.
Their thin crispy base pizzas are freshly made every day using the best quality local produce. All Oblivion Bar and Kitchen Burgers are served with mayo, tomato, and caramelised onions and include crispy hand-cut chips. The chips can be swapped out for sweet potato fries or onion rings. Topless and bunless burgers are also available as well as vegan burger options. Have a look at Oblivion Bar and Kitchen’s menu on their website as well as their range of specials www.oblivion.co.za
- Delivery areas: Direct free delivery within a 2.5km radius of the restaurant (Contactless payment options are available) | You can also place your order via Mr D and Uber Eats in the surrounding suburbs.
- How to order: WhatsApp: 064 983 4045 | Call: 021 671 8522 | Email: [email protected]
- Location: 22 Chichester Road, Crn. 3rd Ave and Chichester Rd, Harfield Village, Cape Town
*Special: Oblivion Bar and Kitchen is running an awesome Meat-Free-Monday special where you can choose any two of their vegetarian options and get them at half price. This special applies to direct orders only. You can WhatsApp them on 064 983 4045 or call them on 021 671 8522 to place your orders. Keep an eye on their website for daily special updates.
Rediscover Steenberg during South Africa’s Level 4 Lockdown with Steenberg @ Home. Delivered straight to your door in the Southern Suburbs, Steenberg @ Home brings you a choice of Chef Kerry’s signature dishes, ready-made restaurant-style meals or semi-prepared dishes allowing you to do some of the cooking yourself. The Steenberg @ Home menu includes some popular extras such as gluten-free bread, candied after-dinner treats and there is even an option or two for the little ones. Steenberg @ Home offers the following four options:
- Heat, Plate and Serve: Dishes from their menu which they cook, and you heat and serve.
- Semi Prepared Dinner: Dishes you cook with the ingredients they provide.
- Selection Boxes: Curated boxes of restaurant quality ingredients.
- Deli Items: A selection of items from their restaurant suppliers.
- How to order: You can place your order online via their website www.steenbergfarm.com | Or contact them on 021 713 7178 or [email protected]
- Delivery information: Deliveries will take place Monday – Friday between 14:00 and 18:00 | Place your order and confirm payment by 9am to receive same day delivery | Upon ordering, you will receive a link to pay | They are only accepting payment via credit card at this time.
- Delivery fee: Delivery fee is R40 to Lakeside, Tokai, Kirstenhof, Meadowridge, Diep River, Bergvliet, and Constantia (Receive free delivery to these areas on orders over R350) | Delivery fee is R60 to Noordhoek, Bishopscourt, Kenilworth, Claremont, and Newlands.
#15 JASON BAKERY
One of the most popular bakeries in Cape Town, Jason Bakery, is back in business and ready to delivery all their freshly baked goods and indulgent treats right to your door. The following Jason Bakery Survival Packs and add-ons will be available for delivery:
- Pastry Pack: The Pastry Pack includes 6 x Classic Croissants (good to freeze) | 4 x Pain Au Chocolat | 4 x Pasteis De Nata
- Breakfast Pack: The Breakfast Pack includes 1 x large loaf | Bree Street Sourdough or 66% Sourdough Rye | 1 x bag of house made hot chocolate | 4 x Classic Croissants | 1 x bag House Granola | 1 x bag Spiced Dulce De Leche & Cranberry Rusks
- Mini Bread Survival Pack: This pack includes 2 x large loaves | Bree Street Sourdough & 1 x 66% Sourdough Rye | 1 x Ciabatta | You can also choose to add a Skinnylaminx to your order | *For every Bread Pack ordered from Jason Bakery they will donate a loaf of bread to Ladles of Love initiative
- Bread Pack: The Bread Pak includes 2 x large loaves | Bree Street Sourdough & 1 x 66% Sourdough Rye | 1 x Ciabatta | 6 x burger rolls | 6 x Bagels (sesame, mixed seed or plain) | You can also choose to add a Skinnylaminx to your order | *For every Bread Pack ordered from Jason Bakery they will donate a loaf of bread to Ladles of Love initiative
- Mini Pastry Pack: The Mini Pastry Pack includes 3 x classic croissants (good to freeze) | 2 x Pain Au Chocolat or Almond Croissants | 2 x Pasteis De Nata
- Pizza Pack: The Pizza Pack includes: 4 x par baked pizza bases | 1 x house red pepper & tomato pizza sauce | 400g unshaped Buffalo Mozzarella from Buffalo Ridge
- Vegan Pack: 4 x Peanut butter choc chip banana cookies | 1 x Sourdough Loaf | 1 x house hot chocolate | 4 X Pasteis De Nata | 1 x house apricot granola | Can also choose to add on 6 x plan bagels and 1L Soma Oat Milk
Besides Jason Bakery’s Survival Packs they also offer clients an extensive range of add-ons. Some of these include their famous Kick Ass Pie, a variety of croissants, bagels, doughnuts, rusks, sourdough loaves, granola and so much more. They truly have something to satisfy every craving.
- How to order: Visit their online store www.jasonbakery.co.za | Email: [email protected]
- Order & delivery times: Their order & delivery times change weekly so have a look at their website to find out the details for the week | It is essential to place your order well ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
- Please note: Their Green Point Bakery is open for COLLECTIONS (they will bring your order to your car) from Tuesday to Saturday with a limited menu available | For smaller individual orders please place your order 24 hours in advance by emailing them on [email protected]
- Contact details: Bree Street: 021 424 5644 | Green Point: 021 433 0538| [email protected]
#16 ERINVALE HOTEL & SPA
The famous Erinvale Hotel and Spa located in the winelands town of Somerset West is doing a very special Sunday Lunch delivery during the Level 4 Lockdown. If you’ve been missing their exceptional Sunday lunch buffets, now is the time to enjoy their sensational food and warm hospitality in the comfort of your own home. Spoil your family with a delicious feast from their Executive Chef, Stefan Bekker, freshly prepared and delivered to your doorstep. This delectable Sunday Lunch consists of a starter, main and dessert that is filled with flavour and will leave your taste buds tantalised and loving every bite.
Besides their Sunday Lunch Special, they also have a variety of other delicious lunch and dinner options to choose from. Some of these include the famous Erinvale Burger; Fish and Calamari; Prawn Pasta; Beef Wellington, and Lamb Curry, to mention a few. You can call them to arrange any vegetarian options. The menu will however change on a regular basis, so be sure to keep an eye on their website www.erinvale.co.za for any updates.
- How to order: Call them on 072 993 3066 to place your order | Visit their website to browse their menu www.erinvale.co.za
- Delivery information: Lunch orders open from 10am – 12 noon for delivery from 13:00 | Dinner orders open from 10am – 5pm for delivery from18:00 |Deliveries are free of charge for the Erinvale Golf Estate and a R50 delivery fee applies for the Somerset West Area Only.
Recently named the ‘Best Pizzeria in Africa’ by 50 Top Pizza – the ultimate in pizza awards, the Oscars of Pizza awards if you will, Massimo’s is a passionate local Hout Bay pizzeria. Now they’re spreading their delicious pizza love all over Cape Town and we couldn’t be more excited! Massimo’s top pizza status makes it one of the best Cape Town restaurants doing food delivery in Level 4 Lockdown. This means you can now indulge in their amazing selection of pizzas and pastas right in the comfort of your own home. Massimo’s will also be delivering Frozen Meals straight to your door! Some of these frozen meals include Traditional Beef Lasagne, Ricotta & Spinach Lasagne and Butternut Ravioli, to mention just a few. To make it even better, Massimo’s will be donating R1 to DARG and CCP for every meal sold.
Besides being able to order delicious meals from Massimo’s Restaurant for delivery, the kitchen is also preparing meals to be distributed to the needy, in collaboration with ‘Gracie love in a bowl’ and ‘Community Cookup IY’. Any donations that Massimo’s receives from the public will be used to buy vegetables, pasta, rice, and everything that is needed to prepare healthy meals for those who need it most. Any donations will be greatly appreciate (no matter how small) and can be made on their website www.massimos.co.za.
- How to order: Contact Massimo’s on [email protected] or 021 790 5648 | Orders can also be placed through Mr Delivery | Visit Massimo’s website to see their variety of pizzas and meals on offer www.massimos.co.za
- Delivery information: They are open for deliveries to residential addresses ONLY (not to the parking lot) from 12 – 18:30 daily | Order before 3pm through [email protected] if you would like same day delivery (if available) | Free delivery to Hout Bay for orders over R600.
#18 TIGER’S MILK
Famous for their down-right delicious ‘Dude Food’, Tiger’s Milk has introduced a safe delivery system that delivers your food right to your door. You can order anything from all-day breakfasts, their famous kickstarter snacks, jam-packed and delicious Tiger’s Milk Burgers, pizzas, salads, sides, desserts, coffees, cold drinks, and non-alcoholic beers. Tiger’s Milk has something for everyone and they’re ready to deliver their deliciousness right to your doorstep.
Tiger’s Milk is also running two amazing specials!
- Tiger’s Milk Monday 2-for-1 Burger Special: If you buy one of their cheese or mushroom burgers you will get the second one for free! This epic Tiger’s Milk special is valid every Monday and is available for delivery only.
- Tiger’s Milk Wednesday Pizza Special: Get 2 pizzas for the price of 1 on selected pizzas (Margherita, Pepperoni and F.A.Bulous). The cheapest pizza will be free. This Tiger’s Milk pizza special is valid every Wednesday for delivery only.
- Delivery Areas: Delivery is available from the Kloof Street, Claremont, Century City, Durbanville/Village Square, Muizenburg and Blouberg Tiger’s Milk stores.
- How to order: You can order via Mr Delivery, Uber Eats, Bolt Food; Or place an online order via the Tiger’s Milk Website – www.tigersmilk.co.za
- Contact details: Durbanville: 066 127 6916 | Century City: 072 871 6212 | Blouberg: 072 896 7247 | Kloof Street: 079 281 1287 | Claremont: 079 275 1022 | Muizenberg: 079 281 8806 | Constantia: 079 268 8633
#19 CATCH 22
Catch 22 in the beautiful Bloubergstrand is widely known for their sensational surf & turf ocean-front dining experience. Although you won’t be able to enjoy their stunning ocean-front setting right now, you will be able to indulge in their delicious surf and turf during the Level 4 Lockdown. This means you can enjoy all your favourite seafood, steaks, and sushi in the comfort of your own home.
- How to order: Call Catch22 on 021 557 7449 to place your order | Alternatively you can also place your order through Delivery Xtreme for to-door delivery: 021 556 1133 | Visit the Catch 22 website to browse their delicious menu offerings www.catch22restaurant.co.za
- Delivery information: Free delivery to your door for addresses on Marine Circle by one of their very own Catch 22 crew members | R25 Delivery fee for addresses within a 4km radius | Call them on 021 557 7449 to enquire about other delivery options | Catch 22 also offers Call & Collect Orders where they will bring your food parcel to your car | Tap & Go Card Machines and SnapScan payments are available for all of the above options.
- Delivery times: Catch 22 is open for deliveries from Wednesday – Sunday 11am – 5pm
#20 THE TEST KITCHEN | LUKE DALE ROBERTS
The Test Kitchen is certainly no stranger to the local and global Culinary Scene. Not only did the Test Kitchen rank 22nd in The World’s Best Restaurant Awards in 2016 it also claimed the number 44 spot in 2019. The Test Kitchen is not only a renowned culinary hotspot in Cape Town, but one of the best restaurants in the world too. Undoubtedly making it one of the best Cape Town restaurants doing food delivery during the Level 4 Lockdown.
This is the famous Test Kitchen after all, so they’re doing things a little differently. The highly acclaimed and world-renowned Chef Luck Dale Roberts has put together a variety of gourmet Lockdown Hampers that tap into the spirit and flavours of his various restaurants. Each hamper is designed to be a weekly basket of goods, providing the focal point for multiple meals. There are 5 Lockdown Hampers. These gourmet hampers contain an incredible variety of hand-picked luxury goods. With the various tiers including increasingly exclusive items.
- How to order: Visit the website www.lukedaleroberts.com to place your order.
- Delivery information: Western Cape deliveries will be made two days from date of order (R100-R250 Shipping) | They will call you to confirm a time of delivery and will let you know if they are able to deliver sooner.
- Additional information: All hampers are subject to change without notice | Cape Town Delivery between 12pm – 5pm daily
- Delivery areas: South and Suburbs: Bergvliet, Bishopscourt, Claremont, Constantia, Diep River, Harfield Village, Heathfield, Kenilworth, Lakeside, Meadowridge, Mowbray, Newlands, Observatory, Plumstead, Rondebosch, Rondebosch East, Rosebank, Salt River, Steenberg Estate, Tokai, Wetton, Wynberg ; City Bowl & Seaboard: Bakoven, Bantry Bay, Camps Bay, CDB, Clifton, Fresnaye, Green Point, Higgovale, Mouille Point, Oranjezicht, Sea Point, Tamboerkloof, Three Anchor Bay ; Bloubergstrand & Surrounds: Table View, Parklands, Milnerton, Blouberg ; Cape Winelands: Strand, Gordons Bay, Stellenbosch, Paarl, Franschoek, Somerset West.
- *Regrettably, they are unable to deliver to other areas at the specified delivery fee, please email them on [email protected] and they will let you know if they’re able to deliver to your area and the cost.
#21 KNEAD BAKERY
Knead Bakery has certainly established itself as one of the top artisan bakeries and cafés in Cape Town. The beloved Knead Bakery has opened 5 of their stores for delivery throughout the Level 4 Lockdown period. This means we can enjoy all their indulgent goodness right in the comfort of our own homes. Some of the amazing things you can order for delivery from Knead Bakery includes:
- A variety of incredible meal kits (Burger Kit, Italian Pizza Kit, Gluten-Free Pizza Kit, Bagels, Salmon & Cream Cheese).
- An assortment of Croissant Boxes, Bagel Boxes & Bread Boxes.
- A selection of Gluten-free baked goods, treats and meal kits.
- A wide variety of freshly baked loaves (ranging from Buttermilk Rye, Rustic Sourdough, Seeded health loaves, Gluten-free loaves, Low Crab loaves)
- Indulgent treats like Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Brownies, Gluten-free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Regardless of your love for freshly baked goods, sweet tooth or indulgent snack cravings, Knead Bakery most definitely has you covered.
- How to order: Visit the Knead Bakery online store www.kneadbakery.co.za | Select the day you want to order for | Select all your products | Follow the checkout process | Select ‘Delivery’ or ‘Pick-up’ | Make payment using your Credit Card (NO Cash PAYMENTS) | Your invoice will be emailed to you.
- Delivery areas: Knead Bakery delivers all over Cape Town city centre & the Atlantic Seaboard | Southern Suburbs | Northern Suburbs (Thursdays only) | West Coast (Saturdays only) | Visit their website www.kneadbakery.co.za and click on the tab ‘Delivery Areas’ to see if your suburb is listed.
- Delivery fees: R0 – R50 = R35 Delivery Fee| R51 – R100 = R25 Delivery Fee | R101- R139 = R20 Delivery Fee | Free Delivery for all orders over R140
- Please note: All deliveries will be done between 8:30 am – 5 pm | Please be aware that they cannot guarantee morning delivery | If you would like your order in the morning please collect from one of their pick up points by selecting “Pick Up from Knead Palmyra in Claremont ” or “Pick Up from Knead Constantia Emporium” when checking out | All the product is baked first thing in the morning so it will be perfectly fresh all day.
- Contact details: 072 248 9124 | [email protected] | www.kneadbakery.co.za
#22 THE BASE @ THE PRESIDENT HOTEL
The famous The Base at the President Hotel is one of the top Cape Town restaurants that will be delivering during the Level 4 Lockdown period. The renowned President Hotel in Cape Town announced that their The Base Restaurant is now open for deliveries to residents in Camps Bay, Bantry Bay, Fresnaye and Sea Point. This means that you will have the privilege of enjoying mouth-wateringly delicious artisanal wood-fired pizzas, served on a thin crispy base with mozzarella cheese, a delicious homemade tomato sauce and gourmet toppings, delivered straight to your door. If that doesn’t make you jump up and down with excitement, we’re not sure what will! Gluten-free bases are also available.
- How to order: To place your order WhatsApp your order, along with your address and full name to 066 038 4521 | You will then pay upon delivery via Zapper, SnapScan or Speed Point (accepts regular debit and credit cards).
- Order times: 18:00
- Delivery: Free
- Contact details: WhatsApp: 066 038 4521 | 021 434 8111 | [email protected] | www.presidenthotel.co.za
#23 SGT PEPPER
At SGT Pepper it’s all about the unbeatable combination of pizza and rock ‘n roll! They are aiming to bring that same cool vibe, delicious food, and positive spirit to you throughout the Level 4 Lockdown. From the very beginning they have been whole-heartedly committed to making pizza the star of the show with fresh ingredients that stand out and come together in a way that is truly unparalleled. Choose between a wide variety of their delicious and equally legendary pizzas, nibbles & noshes, salads, ciabattas, wraps, Rock’n Burgers, lekker local specialities and something sweet and indulgent. They have something to satisfy every single craving!
- How to order: Contact SGT Pepper on 021424 5608 or email them on [email protected] to place your order or to find out more | Visit their website to browse their menu www.sgtpepperct.com
#24 NEW YORK BAGELS
The famous New York Bagels is easily known as one of the best places to get your bagel fix in Cape Town. Now that they’re delivering during Level 4 Lockdown, you’ll be able to satisfy all your bagel cravings in the comfort of your own home. New York Bagels specialises in traditional, hand-rolled bagels, and is the ultimate destination for great coffee. Besides their indulgent fresh-out-the-oven bagels with delicious fillings, they offer an impressive selection of delicious pastries, breads, and cakes. So, for all the sweet tooth lovers out there, New York Bagels definitely has you covered! New York Bagels also has some delicious hearty soups for you to enjoy as well as an assortment of deli menu items.
- How to order: To place your New York Bagels order contact them on 021 007 4315 as well as to find out more regarding delivery options.
- Delivery information: Delivery takes place once a day in the CBD & Sea Point area for orders over R250.00 | As New York Bagels is classified as a Certified Essential Service, clients can visit the shop and purchase their deli and bakery items directly.
- Location: 44 Harrington Street, Cape Town, Western Cape.
- Opening hours: Tuesday – Friday 9am – 5pm | Saturday – Sunday 9am – 2pm | Monday closed.
#25 BOOTLEGGER COFFEE COMPANY
Bootlegger Coffee Company is unashamedly passionate about all things coffee and we love it! But that’s certainly not the only thing they’re passionate about – they make some down-right delicious food and sensational freshly baked goods. Now you get to enjoy it all as they deliver it right to your door during the Level 4 Lockdown. Besides their incredible selection of indulgent coffees and warm beverages, Bootlegger Coffee Company also offers a wide variety of amazing large family and regular pies as well as their famous freshly baked goods and treats. Including their fan-favourite Bootlegger Banana Bread slices, Bootlegger Banana Bread Loaf, Sourdough, Croissants and indulgent selection of Rusks and Cookies. Over and above these incredible menu options, Bootlegger Coffee Company in Century City and Stellenbosch is also offering a range of delicious burgers and café style meals.
All the Bootlegger branches are offering something slightly different on their menu currently. So, make sure to give the one closest to you a call to find out what they have available on their delivery menu.
- How to order: Call or WhatsApp the Bootlegger Coffee Company closest to you to place your order
- Contact number of other branches: Atlantic Seaboard: 064 629 1632 | Century City: 064 643 9368 | CBD: 083 470 5451 | City Bowl: 083 470 5451 | Claremont: 073 026 3941 | Tokai: 067 383 0628
- Operating hours: 09h00 – 15h00
#26 TABLE SEVEN
Table Seven is one of the most well-established restaurants in Cape Town. They have crafted a special Convenience Range menu of meals and dishes to bring their flavour-filled creations to your home during the Level 4 Lockdown. Their main goals is to bring their kitchen to yours. Their menu changes regularly, so it’s a great idea to keep an eye on their website www.tableseven.co.za by clicking the tab ‘Convenience Range’ to see any updates to the menu.
- How to order: To place your order contact Katie on 079 286 1811 or [email protected] ; Visit the website to browse the menu: www.tableseven.co.za | Payment options include credit card link, SnapScan or EFT.
- Delivery information: Within 15km – R30; 15-25km – R40; 25-40km – R80 | For weekly menu updates please visit our website/this link: https://www.tableseven.co.za/convenience-range
#27 MAGICA ROMA
Magica Roma, one of Cape Town’s most loved Italian restaurants, will be offering delivery during the Level 4 Lockdown. If you’ve been longing for some sensational Italian food, your dreams are finally coming true. Magica Roma will be serving up their delicious variety of pizzas, pastas, soups, and salads.
- How to order: Orders are to be placed before 12pm the day before delivery via SMS or WhatsApp only: 072 376 5730 | Customers will be contacted to organise payment and to confirm delivery time | Vehicle colour, registration & name of waitress will be confirmed with the customer prior to delivery for extra safety measures.
- Delivery charges: Pinelands, Mowbray & Thornton: R25 | Newlands, Claremont & Rondebosch: R40 | Atlantic Seaboard & City Bowl: R60
#28 THE 41
If you’ve been craving your favourite contemporary Mediterranean dishes, The 41 in Camps Bay is ready to deliver them right to your door. The 41’s delivery service will be open from 9am until the kitchen closes at 4pm. They have launched a specially adapted lockdown menu so be sure to visit their website www.the41.co.za to see all the delicious options they’ve whipped up for you. Make sure you place your order in advance in to avoid disappointment.
- How to order: Call 021 437 0558 or WhatsApp 060 768 2140 to place your order | The 41 is also available for delivery on Uber Eats and Mr D.
- Contact details: Call: 021 437 0558 | WhatsApp: 060 768 2140 | [email protected]
#29 SHIBUI SUSHI
The popular Shibui Sushi is ready to satisfy all your sushi cravings during the Level 4 Lockdown by delivering any of their delicious sushi creations directly to your door. From classic sushi favourites, indulgent platters, sushi poke bowls and so much more. They’ve got something for every head-over-heels sushi lover at heart! So go wild sushi lovers, you definitely won’t regret it!
- How to order: You can place your order online by visiting their website www.monkschinese.co.za | You can also contact them on 021 424 9162 (CBD) | 021 2005 773 (Southern Suburbs) | They offer free delivery | Keep an eye on their Instagram page @shibuisushi.co.za for any updates, special offers or exciting announcements | Shibui Sushi will be using their own drivers for delivery in order to ensure that the correct safety and hygiene protocols are followed and the right protective equipment is worn to ensure the safety of all their clients and staff.
- Operating hours: Monday – Sunday 12pm – 9:30pm
#30 THREE WISE MONKEY
Three Wise Monkeys is another one of Cape Town’s top restaurants doing food delivery during Level 4 Lockdown. Located in Sea Point, Three Wise Monkeys is a popular Asian fusion restaurant widely known for their amazing platters and delicious dishes. Choose from their wide variety of menu options which includes an incredible selection of Ramen, Sushi, Poke Bowls, Starters, Bao’s, platters and so much more. They have everything you want and need to satisfy your sushi and Asian fusion cravings.
- How to order: You can pre-order or order between 12pm – 7pm by calling Three Wise Monkeys on 021 433 1837 | You can also place your order by sending them an inbox message or direct message (DM) on their social media platforms (Facebook @Threewisemonkeysrestaurant ; Instagram: @threewisemonkeys_za)
- Delivery information: Delivery within 5km of the Three Wise Monkeys location (77 Regent Rd, Sea Point / 108 Kloof Street) – R30 | Delivery within 10km of location – R60 | Payment methods include EFT (POP required), Credit Card machine and Zapper.
- Please note: Kloof Street restaurant is not open on Sundays.
- Contact details: 021 433 1837 | [email protected] | www.threewisemonkeys.co.za