Whether you’re eager to ignite your thrill-seeking spirit and free your adventurous side, simply kick back and relax, explore the city’s creative flair and culinary excellence, discover all of its natural surroundings, landmarks, and hidden gems, you will undoubtedly be spoilt for choice.
With a plethora of things to do, see, and experience, there is something for absolutely everyone.
Here are some of the top things to do in February in Cape Town 2023.
**Note: This blog was last updated on 9/02/2023 | Keep checking the page for more exciting February event updates!
February Events In Cape Town
#Summer Good Vibes | Melkbosstrand | Secret Sunset
“Calling all “Good Vibers” please join Secret Sunrise for an amazing sunset dance at Melkbosstrand, first ever to be held here and we look forward to hosting it.”
- When: Saturday, 4 January 2023
- Where: Melkbosstrand Beach | Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
- Time: 18:30pm – 19:30pm (Please arrive at 18:00pm to receive your headsets)
- Contact details: [email protected]
- Age restriction: Family friendly
- Theme: Summer Good Vibes
- Tickets: Click here to get your tickets
- What to bring: Water & layers of clothing
- Dress Code: Dress up is encouraged
- R150 General
- R50 kiddies (under 12)
- *Additional #ShareTheJoy Donations which go towards The UP are welcomed and deeply appreciated.
Bring your friends and family and get a discount! Here’s how it works:
- 5 people = 5% off
- 10 people = 10% off
- 15 people = 15% off
- *The group discount is automatically applied upon check out.
#4 FEB 2023 GOODWOOD BARGAINS MARKET
- When: Saturday, 4 February 2023
- Event by: The Goodwood Fashion & Thrift Market
- Where: Goodwood Sports Club | Milton Road, Goodwood, Cape Town
- Time: 9am – 3pm
- Contact details: [email protected]
20-20-ME! Welcome to the Goodwood Fashion and Thrift Bargains Market. Shop all things fashion, accessories, bags, shoes, art, jewellery, crystals, handwoven baskets, plants, new items, halaal treats, home decor, books, cd’s, vintage, fluffy, new, glitzy and all things bargain friendly.
- Free entry and parking
- Bring own bags (you will need them)
- Capitec ATM onsite
- Indoor and outdoor stands
#MAKERS HALAAL MARKET
- When: 4 – 5 February 2023
- Event by Makers Landing
- Where: Cruise Terminal | Cruise Terminal, Cape Town
- Time: 4 February at 9:30am – 5 February at 6pm | Doors open at 9:30am on both days | Saturday from 9:30am to 9pm and Sunday from 9:30am to 5pm
- Cost: Free
You Deserve to be Here! The Cape Town Muslim community has spoken! The Makers Halaal Market returns on Saturday, 4 and Sunday, 5 February 2023 at Makers Landing, V&A Waterfront.
The market will showcase the best of food, design, clothing, beauty and wellness as well as entertainment for all age groups including a special play area for the little ones.
“We believe all of these things are bound together by a community that is like-minded, with a similar dedication to their craft. There is a common passion in all the experts who will be participating, and this passion is only amplified when brought together in a unique atmosphere created when people feast together at a table.,” says curator Mohammed Adam.
“The success of the first Makers Halaal Market has made this possible. The community is fully behind the vendors we have assembled, and we’ve dedicated ourselves to making sure we maintain a diversity and attention to detail that will make the weekend experience even better than the first one.”
A total of 70 vendors from all over the Mother City are coming together under one roof, serving local favourites to tickle taste buds. Vendors such as Aniseeds, Sugar Rush, Against the Grain, Wok Bar, Zaakira Patisserie and Ciao Pizza will be present for a growing audience of food lovers to enjoy.
#Intaka Island Full Moon Hike
- When: Sunday, 5 February 2023
- Event by: Century City – Smart City. Smart Choice.
- Where: Intaka Island | 2 Park Lane, Grand Central District, Century City, Cape Town
- Time: 7pm
- Contact details: 021 552 6889 | [email protected]
- Ticket cost: Adults: R80 | Children: R80
- Tickets / Booking: Click here to get your ticket / tickets & to find out more about this amazing event
It’s time to take the month of love to new heights! Get ready to embrace nature and create lasting memories at the Intaka Island Full Moon Hike Moonlit Stroll.
Bring your loved one, friend, partner, special someone, or come as an individual and experience the beauty of nature under the Mother City moonlit sky.
#Summer Night Market
- When: Friday, 10 February 2023
- Event by: Century City – Smart City. Smart Choice.
- Where: Century City Urban Square, Bridgeways, Century City, Cape Town
- Time: 4pm – 9pm
End of the week at the Century City Summer Night Market! There will be loads of ice-cold draft beers, craft beers, chilled bubbly, pink G&Ts, as well as organic wine and cider. All washed down with a stunning variety of eats from different food stalls. If you have a sweet tooth – you’re definitely in luck – indulge in an array of lovely cakes and bakes, pancakes, and ice cream, all of which will be available and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
Bring your friends and family along to enjoy the Summer Night Market festivities at The Century City Urban Square, Bridgeways, Century City on Friday 10 February 2023 from 4pm – 9pm.
#Lowkey – Be My Valentine ft PORTAL
- When: Friday 10 February 2023
- Event by: Groovebox Events
- Where: Botanik Social House
- Time: 8pm – 4am
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
- 2 for 1 Special: R150
- General Tickets: R100
- Late bird Ticket: R150
- Door: R200
Lowkey – be my valentine! It’s officially the month of love, so let’s spread it as far and wide as possible!
THIS EVENT, IT’S ORGANIZERS AND VENUE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, PERSONAL INJURY/LOSS OR DEATH. ENTERING THE VENUE IS ENTIRELY AT OWN RISK. RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED. NO UNDER 18s PERMITTED.
#Drink Beer for the Beach Huts
- When: Friday, 10 February 2023
- Event by: Save Our Beach Huts and Noon Gun Brewery
- Where: Noon Gun Brewery | Capricorn Business Park, Muizenberg, Cape Town
- Time: 5pm
- Cost: Free entry | Regret no under 18s
Save the date for a great night out you don’t want to miss! Join the Noon Gun Brewery for some amazing Friyay vibes and ‘lekker’ times with proceeds in aid of #saveourbeachhuts.
The Beach Hut Trust, in collaboration with Noon Gun Brewery and Durbanville Hills, will host an entertaining evening on Friday, 10 February 2023, from 5pm – 10pm with the live band, Dukes of Note, at Muizenberg’s local brewery, Noon Gun, in Capricorn Business Park.
There will be award-winning craft beer, premixed gin, and tons of food on sale, with all proceeds from the on-tap offering supporting efforts to preserve, protect and promote the historic huts. This is one not-to-be-missed events that gives you the amazing opportunity to enjoy an incredible night out, all while supporting a special and important Cape Town charity – The very best of both!
#PRIDE OPENING PARTY
- When: Friday, 10 February 2023
- Event by: Cape Town Pride Festival
- Where: Zer021 Social
- Time: 7pm
- Cost & Tickets: R50 cover charge | Tickets available at the door
The 2023 Cape Town Pride Festival officially opens right here in Cape Town with an epic and unforgettable party that is sure to get you right, ready, and in the best mood to celebrate Pride! In addition to a great night, guests can also expect a drag show of note.
#Secret Sessions – Digital Punk Unleashed in Cape Town
- When: 11 – 12 February 2023
- Event by: Hardon Associates
- Where / Venue: Grillfather, Woodstock: 135 Albert Road.
- Time: 11 February at 12pm – 12 February at 12am
- Cost: Pre Sale: R150 | Door: R200
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
Just when you thought the season was over, Hardon Associates brings you one of the biggest hardstyle acts ON THE PLANET. Not only does he host the biggest raw hardstyle podcast in the world, he has played every major festival from Defqon 1 main stage to Decibel to Hardbass to Q-Base to Tomorrowland. Soldiers – are you ready to get UNLEASHED with DIGITAL PUNK?!
Hardon Associates have secured this pioneer of the hardstyle scene for one night only in Cape Town, with Table Mountain as your backdrop and an incredible venue in the suburb where it all began – Woodstock!
This EPIC event also features a massive supporting line-up of Cape Town’s top hardstyle artists. In addition to an extraordinary night out, you can also expect low price drink specials and a night you’ll be sure to never forget. Hardon Associates is ready to welcome you to their next “Secret Session”!
- Psycho Keaton
- Smash vs MadBrad
- Vernon Hayes
- Marco Massive
- Era Styles
- Johnny Loud
- Lady G
#Valentine’s Day – Breakfast Run
- When: Sunday, 12 February 2023
- Event by: KTM Cape Town
- Where: KTM Cape Town
- Time: 7:30am
Bring that special someone along and join KTM Cape Town for a fun and exciting breakfast run to celebrate Valentine’s Day in a different way!
**All ladies joining will receive a special gift!
#LOVE Trail Run @ L’Avenir
- Location: L’Avenir Wine Estate & Country Lodge | L’Avenir Estate, R44, Klapmuts Road, Stellenbosch
- Event by: Dirtopia and Trail Run Series Presented by Dirtopia
- When: Sunday, 12 February 2023
- Time: 7:30am | Registration: From 06h30 at the venue | Start Time: 11km: 07h30 ; 6km: 07h45
- Tickets: Click here to get your tickets
- Pre entries close 9 Febr’23
- 6km – R140.
- 11km – R170.
- Kids under the age of 18 pay only R60 pre-entry.
- NB: Late entry kids under 18 pay the normal late entry fee.
- Late entries will be taken on event day at an additional fee.
**Note: Timing by Amarider Trail Tag – available for rent (R20) or buy (R100). Live results on www.trailtag.co.za for all pre-entrants; late entries & changes will only be live by the Monday afternoon.
LOVE Trail Run presented by Sportsmans Warehouse. Spread the trail love, wear red and enjoy a guaranteed romantic workout with your loved one, partner, significant other, or group of friends.
Dirtopia is celebrating the month of love on the singletrack (of course). No better farm than the French inspired L’Avenir with its beautiful gardens, wines, and views. Run though orchards, vineyards and of course Dirtopia’s trails as you celebrate Valentine’s Day in Cape Town in a fun and exciting way.
- Location: 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa | The Twelve Apostles Fynbos Picnic Spots | Victoria Street, Cape Town
- Event by: 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa
- When: 7 February 2023 – right throughout February
- Time: 10am – 5pm
- Price: R 1 950.00 per basket
- Contact details / Booking: 021 437 9000 | [email protected]
Spending the day enjoying each other’s company paired with a wonderful picnic at the renowned 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa is by far one of the best things to do in Cape Town this Valentine’s Day. The gardens of The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa offer a selection of spectacular picnic sites, with glorious views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Twelve Apostles Mountain range.
Each picnic hamper is brimming with gourmet delights and a bottle of bubbles, exclusively for your enjoyment during the month of love!
- Location: Westridge | Dagbreek Hall, 1 Koornhoop Road, Westridge, Mitchells Plain
- Event by: Mitchells Plain Community Market
- When: Saturday, 11 February 2023
- Time: 10am – 4pm
- Contact details: For more information contact us on 081 518 2971 or [email protected]
The Mitchells Plain Community Market is beyond excited to announce the launch of their monthly community markets and can’t wait to have you join them at the their special Valentine’s Market on Saturday, 11 February 2023 from 10h00 till 16h00 at Dagbreek Hall, 1 Koornhoop Road, Westridge, Mitchells Plain. If you’re an avid market lover, attending this amazing Valentine’s Market is by far one of the best things to do in Cape Town this Valentine’s day with your partner, loved one, or friends.
#Valentine’s Day Picnic @ The Cellars-Hohenort
- Location: The Cellars-Hohenort | 93 Brommersvlei Road, Constantia, Cape Town, Western Cape
- Event by: The Cellars-Hohenort
- When: 11 February – 14 February 2023
- Time: 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Cost: R565 per person
- Contact details: Tel: 021 794 2137 | Email: [email protected]
- Booking: Click here to make your booking & to find out more about this amazing Valentine’s weekend event
Love is in the air at The Cellars-Hohenort with an exclusive and romantic Picnic Weekend this Valentine’s Day in Cape Town. Enjoy a picnic basket filled with delicious treats. Find a secluded spot on the spacious Hohenort lawn, set out a blanket, get comfortable, and enjoy the absolutely spectacular backdrop of their award-winning gardens.
#Milnerton Riding Club Recreational Valentines Jumping Show
- Location: Milnerton Riding Club (MRC) | Potsdam Road, Milnerton, Cape Town
- Event by: Milnerton Riding Club (MRC)
- When: 12 February 2023
- Time: 9am
- Contact details: 067 186 2632 | [email protected]
Milnerton riding club is hosting a special Valentines show in Cape Town this Valentine’s Day! Join them for a thrilling Recreational Show Jumping from pole on the ground as you’re dressed in your Valentine’s best, wearing your pinks / red / or anything Valentines themed!
#Valentines Dinner & Dance
- Location: Bottelary Tennis Club Stellenbosch
- Event by: Squirrel Rescue & Rehab Western Cape
- When: 11 February 2023
- Time: 6pm
- Cost: R300 p/p
- Contact details / Booking: Book at [email protected]
- **Note: Bring your own drinks.
Join Squirrel Rescue and Rehab for a fun filled evening this Valentine’s Day in Cape Town! You and your loved one can expect to enjoy a down-right delicious Spitbraai, dancing, raffles, tons of prizes, and much more! This is one exciting Valentine’s Day event you don’t want to miss.
#TEARS Doggie Date – 2023
- Location: 4 Lekkerwater Rd, Noordhoek
- Event by: TEARS Animal Rescue
- When: 11 February – 12 February 2023
- Time: 10am – 2pm
- Cost: R100 donation to TEARS
- Tickets: Click here to get you ticket / tickets
- Contact details: 021 785 4482 | [email protected] | www.tears.org.za
This Valentine’s Day TEARS Animal Rescue is hosting their special Doggie Date, which allows you to take a shelter dog out on an exciting adventure for the day – How amazing is that?
Go on a coffee date, visit the beach, go for a hike or to the park – The choice is yours! For only a R100 donation they’ll trade you a day of good times and the very best sloppy kisses! TEARS will also provide you with an itinerary for the day that you can follow if you choose, paired with plenty of smiles and heartfelt cuddles from your new furry friend, what more could you possibly ask for? This is without a doubt the best thing to do on Valentine’s Day in Cape Town for any and all dog and animal lovers.
Doggie Date aims to help shelter dogs experience an adventure outside of the shelter and possibly meet a special person who may want to adopt them. It is also a great way to learn more about TEARS as an organization and initiative as well as all their incredible stories. It truly is something extra special to be a part of!
Exciting Things To Do In February In Cape Town
#Take a dip in the Atlantic
Taking a dip in the chilly Atlantic is the ultimate way to beat the heat in Cape Town. There is nothing better than being sun-kissed, sandy-toed, and salty-haired while soaking up the glorious Cape Town sunshine. Enjoying a blissful beach day on one of the Mother City’s beautiful beaches paired with a refreshing dip in the cool Atlantic waters is by far one of the top things to do in Cape Town in summer.
Here are some of our favorite beaches that all deserve to be on your Cape Town beach bucket-list:
- Camps Bay
- Clifton (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- Muizenberg Beach
- Glen Beach
- Boulders Beach
- Big Bay
- Oudekraal Beach
- Long Beach in Kommetjie
- Noordhoek Beach
- Water’s Edge
#Go swimming at some of the best dams & rivers in Cape Town
Going swimming and adventuring at some of the best dams and rivers in Cape Town is by far one of the most fun, exhilarating, invigorating / ‘make-you-feel-completely-and-utterly-alive’ adventure experiences and things to do this summer in Cape Town for both the young and young at heart.
If you’re eager to take a cool and refreshing dip away from the sand, sea water, and large crowds, Cape Town’s vast variety of dams and rivers are the perfect place to do just that.
Let’s be honest, what’s more thrilling than plunging into a crystal-clear rock pool in one of the most beautiful locations in the Western Cape? This is undoubtedly one of the most exciting ways to beat the heat in Cape Town this summer.
Check out our ‘Best Dams and Rivers in Cape Town for swimming’ blog for everything you need to know about Cape Town’s best swimming spots.
#Cool down in one of Cape Town’s tidal pools
The Mother City is blessed with countless tidal pools built along the coastline, providing everyone with an incredible, safe, and family-friendly space to swim, cool down, have fun, and enjoy the sunset.
Get ready to embrace the icy waters of the Atlantic as you spot a few sea slugs or cuttlefish. Not to mention one or all of the members of the Marine Big 5 if you’re lucky!
While Cape Town has no shortage of incredible tidal pools (read our post Cape Town’s 19 Amazing Tidal Pools to make sure you visit them all), the St James Tidal Pool is definitely one of the best. Not to mention a real fan-favourite among the young and young at heart.
How to get there: Situated close to the Muizenberg station, you will need to cross over the train tracks and follow the winding concrete path that meanders along the coast. Once you’ve reached your desired destination, a refreshing dip in the cool St James tidal pool waters is an absolute must! It really is the perfect Cape Town summer holiday activity for the whole family.
In addition to the famous St James Tidal Pool, here are a few more amazing tidal pools that will help you beat the heat in Cape Town this summer.
- Miller’s Point | Simon’s Town – Click here to find out everything you need to know about Miller’s Point Tidal Pool
- Maiden’s Cove | Between Glen Beach and Camps Bay Beach
- Dalebrook | Kalk Bay
- Camps Bay tidal pool | Camps Bay
- Shelley’s Point | Glencairn
- Milton tidal pool | Milton Beach
- Glencairn | Glencairn Beach
- Buffel’s Bay | Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Soetwater | South of Kommetjie
- Sparks tidal pool | Gordon’s Bay
- Kommetjie tidal pool | Kommetjie
- Saunders | Saunders Beach, between Clifton and Sea Point in the suburb of Bantry Bay
- Silwerstroom | Silwerstroom Resort, Meklbosstrand
- Wooley’s tidal pool | Between Kalk Bay and Clovelly
- Monwabisi | Khayelitsha
- Brass Bell | Brass Bell Restaurant | Kalk Bay
- Harmony | Strand
#Learn to surf & ride a wave
By far one of the most fun and thrilling ways to beat the Cape Town heat this summer is to surf / learn to surf the cool Cape Town waves like a real surfing pro.
Whether you’re an avid surfing pro looking for your next big wave or a surfing first timer, Cape Town is the ultimate surfing destination. Home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, coolest waves, and a stunning year-round mild Mediterranean climate, Cape Town has fast become one of the most highly sought-after surfing hotspots / destinations for surfers from around the world.
A few of the top surfing beaches in Cape Town are:
- Muizenberg Beach Surfer’s Corner
- Llandudno Beach
- The Dunes at Noordhoek Beach
- Long Beach in Kommetjie
- Big Bay
- Glen Beach
- Scarborough Beach
- The Hoek
- Crayfish Factory
#Visit Crystal Pools
Go on a thrilling and jam-packed adventure to one of the most sought-after and stunning natural gems in the Western Cape – The Crystal Pools.
Crystal Pools is one of Gordon’s Bay and Cape Town’s best kept secrets and bucket-list destinations. Located approximately 90 minutes outside of Cape Town, Crystal Pools boasts incredible hiking trails which lead to a series of mountain pools situated within a beautiful Valley known as the Steenbras River Gorge. Both the Steenbras River Gorge and the Crystal Pools forms part of the renowned Steenbras Nature Reserve, with the hiking trail following the Palmiet River up the gorge.
Crystal Pools, the Steenbras River Gorge, and Steenbras Nature Reserve offers avid hikers, adventurers, and anyone eager to explore the great outdoors the ultimate escape from the hustle and hype of the city.
Need to know information:
- Location: Kogelberg Nature Reserve | Greater Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve, Steenbras Nature Reserve (via N2 and R44), Helderberg Rural, Cape Town
- Operating hours: Office hours: 7:30am – 4pm | Steenbras River Gorge and Crystal Pools hiking trail bookings: Monday – Friday (excluding public holidays): 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Steenbras River Gorge & Crystal Pools operating hours: Hiking trails are only open from 1 November to 30 April each year (closed during winter months) | Hiking trail operating hours are from sunrise – sunset: 6am – 6pm | Steenbras River Gorge & Crystal Pools Hiking Trail operating times may differ slightly according to sunrise and sunset times throughout November – April
- Entrance Fees / Cost: Entry fee for Steenbras River Gorge: R75 per person | Entry fee for the Steenbras hiking trails: R25 per person | For more information and a detailed list of costs please contact 021 444 6927 or [email protected]
- Contact details: General enquiries: [email protected] | Booking queries: 021 856 9622 | 021 856 9623 | 021 856 9620 | [email protected] | Emergency number: 021 444 6927 | 021 957 4725
- Distance from Cape Town: +/- 65km – 80km (depending on route)
- Steenbras River Gorge & Crystal Pools Hiking Trail Carrying Capacity: To ensure that the hiking trails don’t get too crowded, a maximum of 50 people are allowed per day | It is essential to book as early as possible to avoid disappointment
- Essential Crystal Pools Hiking Trail Requirements: You cannot gain access to the area / hike any of Steenbras River Gorge or Crystal Pools’ Hiking Trails without a valid pre-booked and paid permit containing a unique QR Code & proof of identification (driver’s license, ID card, or passport)
- Hiking Trail Permits: To pre-book your Steenbras River Gorge & Crystal Pools permit email [email protected] with ALL relevant information, including the date of your visit and the size of your party / group (a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 people are allowed per group) | One permit per person is required | You can only acquire a permit via email, not at the gate | You must pre-book your hiking permit at least two to five working days before your visit |The hiking permit does not authorize abseiling activities
Check out our ‘Crystal Pools’ blog for everything you need to know about Crystal Pools and all its incredible hiking trails, rock pools, exhilarating experiences, hidden gems, fauna, flora, and biodiversity, and exciting secret spots to visit.
#Visit Klein Roosboom Boutique Winery
- Location: Klein Roosboom Boutique Winery | Tygerberg Valley Road, Durbanville, Cape Town | Klein Roosboom lies in the foothills of the Durbanville wine region, just 25 km’s from Cape Town.
- Contact details: 0860 572 572 | [email protected]
- Website: www.kleinroosboom.co.za
Known as the keeper of one of Cape Town’s best-kept wine tasting secrets, Klein Roosboom Boutique Winery is any head-over-heels wine lover’s dream wine escape. Offering wine enthusiasts one of the most unique and enthralling wine tasting experiences, its hard to resist a visit to this beautiful one-of-a-kind Western Cape wine gem.
Beyond merely enjoying a tasting of Klein Roosboom Boutique Winery’s array of exceptional wines, you get to do so in a destination that is truly unlike any other – your very own cave! How amazing is that?!
Klein Roosboom has reclaimed and lovingly restored their former wine storage facilities (‘caves’), creating one-of-a-kind wine tasting nooks ideal for a bucket-list worthy wine tasting experience!
#Go Tandem Paragliding with Cape Hope Paragliding
It’s time to experience something incredibly thrilling, adventurous, a little daring, and oh so worth it – Going Tandem Paragliding with Cape Hope Paragliding!
Let’s be honest, there are few things more exhilarating than going on an adrenaline-filled paragliding flight or an unforgettable paragliding sightseeing tour over the glorious city of Cape Town. Not only do you get to admire one of the most beautiful cities in the world in one of the most exciting and invigorating ways, you get to tick something truly thrilling off your Cape Town bucket list!
Cape Town’s tandem paragliding trips typically take off from Lions Head or Signal Hill. In addition to the intense adrenalin rush and ‘pinch-me-I-can’t-believe-this-is-ACTUALLY-happening’ moments you’ll experience throughout your tandem paragliding flight, you’ll be treated to the most magnificent views of the beautiful city of Cape Town. All while soaring through the sky – How unbelievable is that?
**Tip: If you’re keen to experience a super special tandem paragliding adventure, why not take to the sky at sunset? Is there anything better than gliding above Cape Town’s top sights and wonderful natural wonders as the Mother City’s stunning sherbet-colored sunset sets the sky alight in a beautiful celebration of colors? We think not! Cape Town is pure sunset bliss after all.
**One of the New7Natural Wonders of Nature, Table Mountain, the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, Lion’s Head, glorious Atlantic Ocean, captivating Cape Peninsula and its vast and equally stunning coastline are just a few of the spectacular sights you’ll have the amazing opportunity to see on your paragliding adventure.
- Location: 1, Signal Hill, Cape Town | Tandem Paragliding flights either fly from Lions Head or Signal Hill depending on the weather conditions on the day of your flight. The meeting point for all flights are at the very end of Signal Hill road by the parking area, from there they will assess the weather conditions and wind direction and decide whether the flight will take place from Signal Hill or Lions Head.
- Contact details: 061 583 4055 | [email protected]
- Website: Click here to visit Cape Hope Paragliding’s website & find out more about this exhilarating once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Booking: Click here to make an online booking
#Enjoy a Sushi & Wine pairing at Kanu Wines
Kanu Wines has launched their very first Sushi and Wine pairing offering. For only R195 per person you will receive 6 pieces of sushi paired with 6 of their amazing wines. If you’re a sushi and wine lover this is definitely for you.
Contact Kanu Wines on [email protected] to book!
**Note: Please note that the Sushi and Wine pairing will only be available at the Kanu Wines Deli.
#Watch an open-air movie screening at the Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema
The Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema in Cape Town is dedicated to restoring the true experience of cinema!
- Location: The Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel | 38 Long Street, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town
- Contact details: 021 207 8888 | [email protected]
- Website: Click here to find out more about this incredible experience | To find out more information about The Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema at the Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel click here
Located in the heart of Cape Town’s lively CBD, the infamous Pink Flamingo open-air Rooftop Cinema is part drive-in, part social event, and part adventure. Set in the Grand Daddy Boutique Hotel – the only designer Rooftop Airstream Trailer Park in the world – The Pink Flamingo celebrates the silver screen in a silver setting – right beneath the night sky.
Showcasing an array of films, including all your favorite classics, watching a movie under the Cape Town night sky and Mother City moonlight while surrounded by their amazing gleaming vintage Airstream Trailers, is by far one of the top things to do in Cape Town this weekend. Not to mention one of the most unique and memorable too!
On an open-air rooftop that is The Grand Daddy Hotel’s Airstream Penthouse Trailer Park, the Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema is all about celebrating the occasion, the glamour, the romance, the ritual, and the wonderful world of make believe that is the movies.
If you want to add an extra special touch to this already incredible experience, you can order a delicious picnic basket or decide to spend the night in one of their magical themed trailers. This is one experience you absolutely have to add to your Cape Town bucket-list.
**Note: You can choose from three unique seating options: General Seating, the Love Seat, and the Couch. Each ticket includes a welcome drink, a bag of sweets and popcorn.
Watching an open-air rooftop screening at the Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema is by far one of the best things to do in Cape Town!
#Go Horse Riding
Enjoy an exciting horseback riding adventure in the beautiful Cape Winelands this weekend with Cape Winelands Riding. Experience and explore vineyards, orchards, and forests on horseback with friends with the beautiful mountain ranges as the perfect backdrop in every direction. On the Cape Gourmet Wine Trail you’ll explore the best that the Cape Winelands has to offer.
Or if you’re looking for something exciting to do in Cape Town this weekend, going horseback riding on the beach is right up there with the best of them! It is one thing enjoying a blissful sun-kissed beach day or sunset stroll on one of Cape Town’s beautiful beaches, but going horse riding along the ocean shore is on a whole other level. This is definitely a thrilling experience that deserves to be on everyone’s Cape Town bucket-list!
Check out our ‘Best Cape Town Beach Horse Riding Experiences’ blog to find out more.
#Indulge in a sensational Wine & Cheesecake Pairing at Eikendal Vineyards
If you’re a head-over-heels cheesecake lover, this unique and down-right exceptional Wine & Cheesecake Pairing experience at the Stunning Eikendal Vinyards in the Stellenbosch Winelands is not only one of the best (and most delicious if we may add) thing to do this weekend in Cape Town with family and friends – but a bucket list worthy Winelands experience!
If you’ve ever needed an excuse to visit Eikendal Vineyards, NOW is your chance – the summer pairing is ready for you to enjoy! Plus, it’s the perfect excuse for you to explore the stunning Stellenbosch Winelands, along with one of its most pristine Vineyards and Wine Estates – Eikendal of course – and eat, drink, and be merry!
- Location: Eikendal is a landmark on the R44 road between Somerset West and Stellenbosch | Eikendal Vineyards, Dennesig, Stellenbosch
- Contact details: 021 855 1422 | [email protected]
- Website: Visit www.eikendal.com for more information
#Go tobogganing at Cool Runnings
The first downhill tobogganing track in Africa, Cool Runnings is a Cape Town-based family park boasting an intricate course of steel tracks and top-notch, wheeled bobsleds.
Go hurtling down a half-pipe in a bobsled, flying through the twists and curves as you race along the 1.25 km track. It’s fun for kids and adults, and it’s completely safe and the combination of speed and skill makes it a thrilling challenge for even the most die-hard speed freak.
Starting at the foot Durbanville’s slopes, you settle into your toboggan and set off as the cables in the tracks haul you to the start of the course (a relief for anyone thinking they’d have to climb the hill every time!).
Once at the top, it’s just you, the toboggan, the brake lever – and the spectacular view of Cape Town. Cruise through the 17 corners, S-bends and even a tunnel, before the sled automatically slows down at the bottom of the course, safe and sound. Perfect for a day out with the family, friends or colleagues, Cool Runnings is a one-stop destination, with a café serving up delicious boerie rolls, burgers and pizza, and a bar to quench your thirst. Best of all? It won’t burn a hole in your wallet!
The rides start at only R60 – and the more you ride, the cheaper it gets. It’s also free entry for team-building events, school outings, and birthday and bachelor/bachelorette parties.
**Note: Kids under the age of 3 are not allowed.
Visit the Cool Running’s website to find out more.
#Go to the famous Gin Bar
Bring on the GIN! Known as one of Cape Town’s coolest hidden gems, hippest hangouts, and favourite Gin nirvanas, The Gin Bar should be right at the top of your ‘Things to do in Cape Town’ list!
At The Gin Bar, they take their gin seriously – VERY seriously – as they pride themselves on making the entire experience all about the star of the show – THE GIN! Oh, and you of course! So, if you’re a head-over-heels gin-lover at heart, the legendary Gin Bar is without a doubt where you should be at.
**Interesting fact: Did you know that the Gin Bar was one of the first bars in the Mother City to dedicate itself to all things gin? Thereby making it the true OG of the Cape Town gin scene. It is also one of the country’s only true speak-easy bars – how incredible is that?
As the name suggests, all the signature cocktails at The Gin Bar contain Gin, well, besides the virgins of course. The menu is concise and definitely favours quality over quantity, just as it should be. If you’re not much of a gin lover, no problem! They also offer a selection of amazing classic cocktails to choose from.
When it comes to their much-loved signature cocktails, The Gin Bar cleverly named their classic five cocktails The Head, The Heart, The Hope, The Soul, and The Ambition, all intended to provide their drinker with as much needed healing for whatever may ail them. Undoubtedly adding an extra unique and personalised touch to the already bucket-list worthy experience.
Fondly known by Cape Town locals as the ‘secret’ Gin bar, mainly due to its hush-hush, unmarked location hidden behind a cool Chocolate Café, Honest Chocolate, and nestled in a Mediterranean-style secret courtyard – Going to The Gin Bar is one experience you absolutely cannot afford to miss!
The Bubbly Bar
The Gin Bar has added a new exciting addition to their already impressive repertoire – The Bubbly Bar! This little bar is a celebration of local crafters making some of the best bubbly in the world. Our South African version of Champagne is called Cap Classique and is just as good as the French version in our (and many others’) opinion. Some local makers also experiment with unusual grape varietals to produce flavour experiences that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
The tasting flight of 5 different producers is highly recommended. If you love bubbly then this little bar is for you!
- Location: The Gin Bar | Enter through Honest Chocolate Café – 64a Wale Street, Cape Town
- Contact details: 071 241 2277 | [email protected]
- Opening hours: Gin Bar Trading Times: Monday – Wednesday: 5pm-1:00am* ; Thursday – Saturday: 3pm-1:00am* | Bubbly Bar Trading Times: Wednesdays: 5pm – 1:00am* ; Thursdays – Saturdays: 3pm -1:00am*
- Website: www.theginbar.co.za
#Go to the iconic Root44 Market
Good food | Amazing Drinks | Epic Tunes & Live Entertainment | Brilliant Company | A Vibrant & Infectious Energy & Vibe!
- Location: Root 44 Market | Corner of R44 and Annandale Road, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Operating hours: Saturday & Sunday, 9am – 5pm (rain or shine)
- Contact: 021 300 3935 | [email protected]
It’s the perfect time to enjoy a legendary ROOT 44 market adventure! The renowned ROOT 44 Market in Stellenbosch welcomes absolutely EVERYONE with open arms, a cool laid-back vibe, and an endless variety of just about everything and anything your market-loving heart desires!
Housed in a sturdy, super-cosy marquees, surrounded by picturesque vineyards and beautiful views, a visit to the ROOT 44 Market is ideal for enjoying a lovely day out in Cape Town with friends and family.
Did you know that the iconic ROOT 44 Market is one of the most child-friendly markets in the Mother City? Well, now you do! Boasting an incredible variety of activities such as World of Adventure (which includes indoor and outdoor jungle gyms), mini-golf, and so much more – It is bound to keep the kiddies happy, entertained, and loving life for hours on end.
Let’s not forget about all the delicious eats, treats, and cool ROOT 44 beats! From decadent sweet treats, wood-fired pizza’s, gourmet hamburgers, and biltong to healthy salads, sandwiches, and spicy curries, ROOT 44 has something for every foodie or lover of delicious things. They also have a wonderful and vast selection of craft beers that are bound to have you coming back for more – That’s a promise!
The best thing is, all the stalls and lekker food and drinks can be enjoyed to the cool sounds, viby beats, and awesome live entertainment as several incredible live bands take to the ROOT 44 stage every Saturday and Sunday.
**Cool to know: One of the coolest things about this market, despite the obvious of course, is the fact that it is one of Cape Town’s best all-weather markets. So, come rain or shine, ROOT44 will continue the good vibes and cool market times all the way through.
**For more GREAT markets in Cape Town be sure to check out our ‘Best Markets in Cape Town’ Blog for everything you need to know!
#Take a Train to Elgin Railway Market | Ceres Rail Company
- Where: The journey departs from Harbour Bridge Platform (close to the Cape Town International Convention Centre) – Elgin Railway Market (Oak Avenue, Elgin, Cape Town)
- Event by: Ceres Rail Company
- Website: www.ceresrail.co.za
- Tickets: Click here to get your ticket / tickets
- Day Sitter restaurant-type seating – R625 per seat
- Family Coupe (Maximum 2 adults and 2 children) – R1500 for the whole coupe
- Family Compartment (Maximum 4 adults and 2 children) – R2900 for the whole compartment
- Bar Lounge Seating (No under 18’s) – R625 per seat
- Observation Car (Group bookings only for 15 – 28 people) – Starts at R12 750 for 15 people in an airconditioned, private setting
- Children under 2 travel free
Join the Ceres Rail Company on a 160 km round-trip departing from Cape Town to the Art Deco Elgin Railway Market for an exceptional market experience.
The journey departs from Harbour Bridge Platform (close to the Cape Town International Convention Centre), and meanders through Cape Town and its surrounds until reaching the majestic Sir Lowrys Pass. Once you arrive at the foot of the pass, the train embarks on an epic climb up one of the steepest railway lines in South Africa. Cresting the peak, the train snakes it way into the lush Elgin Valley before arriving at the Elgin Railway Market.
Onboard the train guests can enjoy the wonderful scenery from various vantage points whilst sipping on drinks from the fully licensed cash bar and / or snacking in the train dining car.
The service is suited to all ages and promises to be an experience to you’ll never forget!
#Enjoy a theatrical dining experience at StarDust
The trendy Cape Town neighbourhood of Woodstock is home to this uniquely wonderful, one-of-a-kind theatrical restaurant – StarDust! With incredible, get-up-on-your-feet, can’t resist the beat musical and theatrical performances by profoundly talented young local performers, dancers, and singers – most of whom are total triple threats – paired with an array of sensational Mediterranean dishes, and a lively and vibrant atmosphere – You are in for the mother of all treats at StarDust Theatrical Dining!
Oh, did we mention that these remarkable musical and theatrical performers double as your waiters too? That just blew your mind didn’t it? All the more reason to get your friends and family together and make a booking at this cool inner-city theatrical dining restaurant / epic musical and dining destination right away.
What makes this already enjoyable, vibrant, and wildly entertaining experience even more fun, is the fact that absolutely everyone in attendance is encouraged to join in on the lively festivities – including the dancing & singing! So, don’t be shy, sing your heart out, get moving and grooving, and most of all – have an absolute BLAST!
- Location: StarDust Theatrical Dining | 118 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock, Cape Town
- Contact details: 021 462 7777 | 072 414 6522 | [email protected]
- Website: Click here to find out more about StarDust Theatrical Dining & to make your official Girls Night Out booking
#Go on a sunset or sunrise hike
Going on a sunset, sunrise, mid-day, or moonlight hike in the majestic Mother City is undoubtedly one of the best, and certainly the most exhilarating, things to do in Cape Town all year-round.
The Cape Town hiking scene is thriving, thrilling and like nothing you’ve experienced before. There is no better way to explore all the scenic beauty, landscapes, mountain ranges, fauna and flora, and natural gems the Mother City has to offer than by going on the ultimate hiking adventure. Plus, the fact that Cape Town boasts an extensive and exciting variety of hiking trails, ranging from beginner to advanced, means there is something for every avid hiker at heart. Even if you’ve never hiked a day in your life, Cape Town’s wildly wonderful hiking scene welcomes you with open arms. This gives absolutely EVERYONE the amazing opportunity to join in on the fun and thrilling Women’s Day hiking experience.
To take it to the next level, the Mother City is home to some seriously sensational sunrise and sunset hiking trails and spots. It’s no surprise that going on the ultimate sunrise and / or sunset chasing adventure and hike has become one of the most exciting Cape Town experiences.
To ensure you have the absolute greatest experience, here are some of the best sunrise and sunset hikes in Cape Town to add to your Cape Town hiking bucket-list:
- Kloof Corner
- Lion’s Head
- The Pipe Track
- Signal Hill
- Lion’s Head Loop Hiking Trail
- Elephant’s Eye Cave
- Table Mountain Contour Path
- Boomslang Cave
- Little Lion’s Head
- Sunset hikes at Muratie
- Table Mountain & all of its breathtaking & equally thrilling hiking trails
- Maiden’s Cove & Tidal Pools – Although it is less of a hike and more of a scramble on rocks and boulders, Maiden’s Cove is hands down one of the most beautiful beaches, lookout points, tidal pools, and sunset spots in Cape Town.
Check out our ‘Best sunset hikes in Cape Town’ blog for everything you need to know about Cape Town’s magnificent and magical sunset and sunrise hiking trails.