Constantia Unwrapped 2020 hosts ten unique and exclusive events at each participating wine estate during the month of May taking place along the Constantia Wine Route.
Constantia is the oldest uninterrupted wine growing region in the Southern hemisphere with a 335 year heritage. The route upholds stylish boutique wineries that welcomes guests to the vast vineyard views, farms and an array of wines tasting rooms nestled near the mountain countryside.
The venues include:
Beau Constantia launches the festivities of Constantia Unwrapped 2020 with a line-up of live music, food trucks, where Beau Constantia wines, spirits and Jack Black Beers are available. Groot Constantia offers an experience of vertical tastings in a private, never before used room located under the historical Manor House.
Constantia Glen provides guests a scenic route through the vineyards to the gravity fed cellar. Buitenverwachting hosts A special Masterclass experience & hosts the White Launch, launching the 2019 Constantia White blend from the best selection of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon. Eagles’ Nest where guests are taken on a 4×4 tour through the picturesque mountain vineyards.
Silvermist Organic Vineyards hosts music and braai delicacies with views of the Cape Penninsula from the very top of the Constantia Valley. Klein Constantia features a Gatsby Glamour event on the lawns with a curated hor d’ouvres, ‘champagne’ tower and a wine bar. Night of Nuances at Norval hosted at The Norval Foundation. The Steenberg Vineyards hosts a 5km run or 10km loop with breakfast treats and hot chocolate at the start and during the course of the morning.
A General Ticket is available for the month of may that grants access to each wine estate tasting room.
List of Constantia Unwrapped 2020 event details:
1. Kickoff Concert – Beau Constantia – 1 May, 3pm to 9pm. Cost is R350. (Limited to 500 tickets – available through WebTickets)
2. Grand Cosntance – Groot Constantia – 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 May, 11am to 1pm | 2pm to 4pm. Cost R1700. (By appointment only)
3. Gloriuos Glen – Constantia Glen, 3 or 24 May, 11am to 2.30pm. Cost R1150.
4. Spectacular Sauvignon – Buitenverwachting, 7 May, 6.30pm to 8pm. Cost R1525.
5. Superb Shiraz – Eagles’ Nest, 9 May, 5pm to 8pm. Cost R1095.
6. White Launch – Buitenverwachting, 14 May, 6pm to 9pm. Cost R250.
7. Sauvvy Sunset – Silvermist Organic Vineyards, 15 May, 5.30pm to 8.30pm. Cost R180.
8. Celebrating Vintage – Klein Constantia, 16 May, 2pm to 10pm. Cost R2000.
9. Night of Nuances at Norval – Norval Foundation, 30 May, 7pm to 10pm. Cost TBA.
10. Run This Way – Steenberg Vineyards, 31 May, 7.30am to 10am. Cost R180.
Venue: Constantia Wine Route (Various venues)