The famous City Sightseeing Red Bus has not only established itself as one of the most sought-after Cape Town experiences, but a real icon of the tourism landscape. While Cape Town’s renowned Red Bus has been closed for business since the start of the nationwide COVID-19 Lockdown, it is finally back in action!
With the latest easing of Lockdown Level 3 restrictions, City Sightseeing has been given the green light to start up their service and tours from the 8th of August 2020 – How exciting is that? This means we will finally be able to explore our beautiful and vibrant Mother City once again from the comfort and safety of Cape Town’s very own City Sightseeing Red Bus.
City Sightseeing has taken it upon themselves to make the safety of all their guests and team members their TOP priority by ensuring that the highest health, hygiene, and safety protocols are implemented and upheld. Here are some of the stringent health and safety measures put in place by City Sightseeing to keep guests safe throughout their Red Bus Tour experience:
- Wearing face masks are mandatory for all passengers and staff members. Travellers will only be allowed to enter the stores, buses, or boats if they are wearing a face mask.
- There will be temperature checks at the entrance point to all buses, boats, and ticket offices.
- Staff and guests will be screened upon arrival as well as at different points during the day to ascertain whether they display any of the observable symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all touch points and passengers are kindly requested to make use of it as frequently as needed.
- Buses are cleaned frequently and thoroughly as they are wiped down and sanitised twice on every circuit during the day. Each bus is fully sanitised and deep cleaned every night to ensure that the highest standards of health, hygiene and safety are upheld. The City Sightseeing Red Busses are also open-top, thereby allowing for optimal ventilation of fresh air throughout.
- The City Sightseeing ticket office and stores are sanitised at regular intervals throughout the day and deep cleaned every night.
- There will be limited capacity on each Red Bus with passenger numbers reduced in accordance with Lockdown Alert Level 3 regulations. Strict social distancing guidelines will be implemented and seating on the bus is restricted to every second row to further safeguard passengers.
- City Sightseeing will be making use of contactless Credit Card machines as well as ensure that all credit card terminals are wiped with sanitiser after every use.
- There will be screens set-up inside the stores between the City Sightseeing staff and the public as an additional health and safety measure.
- City Sightseeing is dedicated to providing their team with ongoing training and guidance on personal hygiene and preventative measures to be implemented and upheld within their stores, buses, and boats.
The Cape Town Red Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off City Sightseeing experience is set to re-start operations on weekends, public holidays, and school holidays from the 8th of August 2020.
To find out more about the City Sightseeing Red Bus Woman’s Day event, visit their Facebook events page here.
RED BUS TOUR SPECIAL OFFERS
To celebrate their return, Woman’s Day and the freedom of travel, City Sightseeing is offering an amazing post-COVID ticket price – Making it impossible not to get the family together, hop on a Red Bus Tour and explore our glorious city of Cape Town and all its unapologetic natural beauty, iconic landmarks, and renowned attractions once again.
Click here to book your ticket right away to avoid missing out!
“This pandemic has been devastating on so many fronts. Our hearts go out to all those affected. The time has come to welcome back our fellow Capetonians, ensuring we do so safely for both passengers and our staff. Please come and Hop-On a bus with us and fall in love with Cape Town all over again!” – Claus Tworeck, Chairman City Sightseeing South Africa.
For more information visit the City Sightseeing website: www.citysightseeing.co.za